OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only seen it happen, in person, one time.

Something went wrong with the bio-pellet reactor at my local reef shop and it started the chemical warfare in that display.
I can't remember if somebody got the pellet dose wrong or was not paying attention to the reactor.

We're all pulling for you and hope the play's and the rest of your coral's settle back down.

Maybe,
Firing so new ROX could help.

Freddie
I have 2 Rox reactors. I was running them for a little bit but I had to shut them down because their past the UV on the manifold. I'm going to disconnect the UV and put the plug back in it until I have it set up. But once the plug is back in it I can turn that manifold back on.

I've used chemiclean many times and never had an issue whatsoever. I think it had to do with me trying to run the skimmer with the cup off in hopes of keeping the ph up plus adding oxygen to the system. I figured kill two birds with one stone. Well apparently I killed more than that [emoji24]

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I do the third water change I'm going to attempt to put the skimmer back online also. But if it's still spewing too many micro bubbles it's going to have to go off again until I get a few more water changes in.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had any problems with chemiclean (and or) letting the skimmer run and overflow.
But... I don't have any play's, either. :confused:

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second wc is nearly ready to go. I just had to adjust the salinity in the can so I'm going to wait a few more minutes for to mix in good and retest it. I just hope the baby stays asleep long enough for me to do this water change.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had any problems with chemiclean (and or) letting the skimmer run and overflow.
But... I don't have any play's, either. :confused:
This particular group of Polly's is massive. I got rid of them or so I thought I did when I changed over from the 125 to the 180. But apparently there was a couple still on the rocks that we're bleaching outside in the sun for a year. Came back to life and repopulated like crazy. Where I'm putting the bridge is where those rocks were. I pulled all of them out except for the porites rock because I have to cut it off the rock. Luckily it's only a small amount on that one. If the tank had not crashed again I would have picked up the bandsaw this morning... ugh

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this stinks

But take a step back relax and calm urself deep breaths.

Even tho cemiclean seems like the answer make sure ur doser is working properly make sure nothing else got into the tank and so on and so forth.

And sorry I have no other help to give

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are not and before pics
0279650976bddc096c5c522e16213784.jpg
4db01bd64167af8266ee14513138b70f.jpg
7a0e4f03b8315fa106fabed56c685a44.jpg
635ffecd6a1ff578c2c2e8c4f2429ef5.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this stinks

But take a step back relax and calm urself deep breaths.

Even tho cemiclean seems like the answer make sure ur doser is working properly make sure nothing else got into the tank and so on and so forth.

And sorry I have no other help to give
Thank you Justin. Yes I tested all equipment including the doser. I also ran parameter tests and they were all normal. The only thing out of the normal was the pH.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference between what it looked like Thursday and today... I circled the paly's in question on the one picture. All those rocks are now sitting out in the backyard on the picnic table....

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can 2 is ready. 28.5g. Thinking I'm going to chance her staying asleep. The sooner I get this one changed out the sooner I can start another can of Rodi. I need to install a float valve on another can and get another cart for it so I can rotate them or use two at a time.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding salt to can#3. I can smell dying coral when i open the stand doors :( Hopefully the skimmer will not overflow after this wc. It all looks worse now that the lights are out- all the white skeletons can easily be seen in the dark. I'm praying this doesn't affect the fish and the lps bounce back. The pin cushion urchin is a loss and I haven't seen the tuxedo urchin. The harlequin and other inverts are mobile so far. This tank is super cloudy... not sure if it's from all the dying or IO RC salt. I miss seachem reef salt.

Thoughts of shutting down has crossed my mind several times today. It is an awful lot of money and hard work and this is twice now in a few months time. Very depressing and disheartening to say the least. I'm still going to try to save it but if all of my livestock are dead tomorrow, I'm really going to want to shut it down. And it isn't that I give up, it's that it is too easy to lose and I've already lost thousands of dollars. I don't know that I want to keep doing that.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang this is terrible :(

The cloudy water is most likely a mix between the water changes and dying coral.

When you added the rox did you use more than usual? As you known it will strip the water very quickly if too much is used. Maybe rox in conjunction with chemiclean might have caused these issues?

I too very recently thought of tearing down, bit perseverance came thru and here I am and so shall you. Keep your chin up, you know we are here for you. :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang this is terrible :(

The cloudy water is most likely a mix between the water changes and dying coral.

When you added the rox did you use more than usual? As you known it will strip the water very quickly if too much is used. Maybe rox in conjunction with chemiclean might have caused these issues?

I too very recently thought of tearing down, bit perseverance came thru and here I am and so shall you. Keep your chin up, you know we are here for you. :)
Hybird,
I've only seen play's go off like that once in my life time.
If we need to pitch in on R2R as a family to get Jackie's 180 back up again, it will be done.

It is heartbreaking and we've all been there one way or another but right now, I'm praying for Jackie to get some duly needed sleep, put it out of her mind and take care of herself.

Freddie

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back