OP
OP
jstuver

jstuver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Your tank looks amazing! I have a 35 Zero Edge I'm going to be setting up so I hope you don't mind me hitch hiking here. Couple of questions, do you have any noise coming from your drain? I was told to put a sponge over it to keep the noise down but I never heard it yet. Does your nem move at all? Heard they can go over the side, that would not be good! Thanks for sharing it BTW
ED

Yes the drains were noisy, I don't know if this tank was made by zeroedge or not but it has four drain holes we ended up plumbing the two we could together to help with the noise and then yes I have a small piece of sponge on top of each drain and a piece of airline coming out to help control the noise. This helped a tonas it was making a gurgling and siphon sound.
As for the nem it hasn't moved at all, but that's not saying a different nem wouldn't move...

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, appreciate the info. When people are asking if its has a glass top then I would say you have it setup perfectly. Mine only has one large drain, supposed to be a new part from the manufacturer that will eliminate the noise and need for sponge. As you know the sponge is ok if your home to change it out but if your not they get filled with detritus and well you know. I am getting this piece mailed next week, ill send u a photo on here.
Ed

OP
OP
jstuver

jstuver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, appreciate the info. When people are asking if its has a glass top then I would say you have it setup perfectly. Mine only has one large drain, supposed to be a new part from the manufacturer that will eliminate the noise and need for sponge. As you know the sponge is ok if your home to change it out but if your not they get filled with detritus and well you know. I am getting this piece mailed next week, ill send u a photo on here.
Ed

Sounds good. Yeah surprisingly I only clean those sponges out about every week and a half to two weeks so it's not too bad. I'm not a heavy feeder though so that might help.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous!!

OP
OP
jstuver

jstuver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got an okay picture of my new favorite fish, he/she is very shy and only comes out every once in awhile and is very fast so I had to use the flash to get any decent pic of it. I think it is either a pseudochromis fuligifinis or pseudochromis elongatus.

[h=2][/h]

French27

Excitedly New to the Hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got an okay picture of my new favorite fish, he/she is very shy and only comes out every once in awhile and is very fast so I had to use the flash to get any decent pic of it. I think it is either a pseudochromis fuligifinis or pseudochromis elongatus.

I am really curious on the behavior of this guy. Is he still around and is he aggressive?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back