Jake Adams Immortal Tort!!!

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2021
Messages
6,175
Reaction score
10,392
Location
Mile Square City
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blessed to have this in the system.
IMG_3351.jpeg
 
It looks more like Miyagi Tort to me, and they behave similarly to how it was covered back in they day at reefbuilders.

Basically, a large colony only has subtle green/yellow at the base while frags have it bright and vibrant.

Still not sure wether the Immortal tort and Miyagi are the same though.
 
It looks more like Miyagi Tort to me, and they behave similarly to how it was covered back in they day at reefbuilders.

Basically, a large colony only has subtle green/yellow at the base while frags have it bright and vibrant.

Still not sure whether the Immortal tort and Miyagi are the same though.
Sry, Which tort u lookin at? Not the horizontal tort but the in front of the 2 tiled acro. Both these blue torts do not look like, atleast to my eyes and are not miyagi torts.
 
Last edited:
Sry, Which tort u lookin at? Not the horizontal tort but the 2 Tiled acro. Both these blue torts do not look like, atleast to my eyes and are not miyagi torts.
Sorry, I was referring to the Immortal Tort seen in the article at Reef Builders.


Looks good. Ty for sharing
Thank you.
Yours are looking great too!
 
Is there a waiting list yet?
 
Either way it’s from the RB stock and harvested by Jake himself. So, blessed to have it.
It’s indeed a great honor

I always thought I’ll meet him when I’ll finally make it to one of the big conferences (I live far away from the US), but unfortunately I never had the honor to meet him in person.

It’s awesome to see his impressive collection lives on through other reefers in our community
 
When I last visited Jake in the Spring of 2022, he sent me away with several corals that he thought that I should be growing…...including his Immortal Tort and Hokesemi. I have his Immortal Tort in two locations in my display….one in very high light and one med light. The very high light (about 750 mm of PAR) turns almost a solid Oregon Tort type of blue….while the lower light one expresses both blue and green….like a Miagi Tort. The growth pattern between the Oregon Tort and Immortal Tort are very different. Here is a quick iPhone pic of my higher light one….

IMG_5472.jpeg
 
When I last visited Jake in the Spring of 2022, he sent me away with several corals that he thought that I should be growing…...including his Immortal Tort and Hokesemi. I have his Immortal Tort in two locations in my display….one in very high light and one med light. The very high light (about 750 mm of PAR) turns almost a solid Oregon Tort type of blue….while the lower light one expresses both blue and green….like a Miagi Tort. The growth pattern between the Oregon Tort and Immortal Tort are very different. Here is a quick iPhone pic of my higher light one….

IMG_5472.jpeg
Beautiful and ty for sharing!!! U can always appreciate these amazing corals, especially when grown out. Love the Oregon reef. That box fish, no? Tremendous inspiration when I started back in 2003. A real masterpiece of living art. Blessed sir.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new