JALIASC's 20 Gallon

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I've been in this hobby for a little over a year now and have upgraded from a 5 gallon to this 20. This tank has been a work in progress since the beginning of this year and water filled for about 5 months now. I'm pretty stoked with how things have been going so far; struggled with some dinos at the onset but everything has been running smoothly ever since their disappearance.

This tank was intended to be LPS dominant with some SPS thrown in for good measure, but I ran into a Ricordea Florida that I just had to have so I've got a rogue softie in there. No fish yet (I'm more partial to coral), but planning on adding a purple firefish, blue neon goby, clownfish, and possibly a couple of small wrasses (White Banded Possum and Pink Streaked).

More pics and details to come, but here's a FTS. Please forgive my photography "skills"

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking tank. Congrats on the successful upgrade.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job!

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this tank (and thread) are definitely in reboot mode. Been having lots of issues with this tank (algae and then significant die off) so im basically at square one. Found the issue to be a rusting magnet on my feeder ring so I did a 5g water change and will continue doing big water changes for the next month or so. My lone blasto and saddleback clownfish have survived this debacle and I plan on getting them some friends once I feel confident the water changes have done their duty. This whole ordeal really messed with my motivation but I'm glad I've stuck it out, found the problem, and now I can move forward with an important lesson learned. NO MORE MAGNETS IN THE TANK!

Peace

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, this tank (and thread) are definitely in reboot mode. Been having lots of issues with this tank (algae and then significant die off) so im basically at square one. Found the issue to be a rusting magnet on my feeder ring so I did a 5g water change and will continue doing big water changes for the next month or so. My lone blasto and saddleback clownfish have survived this debacle and I plan on getting them some friends once I feel confident the water changes have done their duty. This whole ordeal really messed with my motivation but I'm glad I've stuck it out, found the problem, and now I can move forward with an important lesson learned. NO MORE MAGNETS IN THE TANK!

Peace
Yikes! Rust in a tank had been linked to more than a few crashes. Glad you're moving forward. Looking forward to the updates! :D

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: my lone blasto survivor is getting worse and looks like it's not going to make it; I think some of the magnet broke off into the sand ;Shifty

So now I'm oscillating between removing/replacing the sand and tearing the whole thing down and starting from scratch again. As of now I'm leaning toward starting from scratch and making this tank a clownfish/anemone tank (which was my original end goal for this tank).

Decisions, decisions...

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paranoia has gotten the better of me so this tank is officially shut down. Took the fishy to Vivid and am in the process of cleaning things up so I can start again. Will make this 20 gallon for clownfish and nems and will use a 5g for my coral fix.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back