January, 2019 POTM Contest - Acans

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed a single head of this about a year ago from my LFS. About the only acan I haven’t managed to kill.

0C23FFDD-97A8-4BC6-B55C-89B8DFE35C4C.jpeg

Oooo I like that one.
 
Acans are one of my favorite corals and one of the main corals that got me hooked in this hobby due to their extreme feeding response and wide range of colors..

Here’s my little Acan garden in my 75g mixed reef..(with another 20-25 more in my Frag system)

Photo shot on my gf’s iPhone 6s with PolypLab coral clip w/the orange filter

95E5C922-DDD9-4B31-BCDB-F8AD0743ED78.jpeg
You have any top downs? Very nice colonies!
 
It's worth the trip to their shop if you haven't been lately. They moved to a bigger place. Any good shops in Houston?
 
Need alot of work figuring out this Tamron 90mm macro but here is a submission. All of your excellent photos inspired me to get this lens out and finally give it a whack.

2G3LBXM.jpg
 
I don't see the aptasia either, but I second the sentiment about peppermints. They destroyed my lordhowensis colonies, left my echinata alone though.
 
You have any top downs? Very nice colonies!
Thanks! Sorry i dont at the moment but i will be making a tank thread here sometime soon and will post tons of pics there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new