January, 2019 POTM Contest - Acans

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushroom eating acan
20181222_122642.jpeg


View attachment 961671
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys find acans do best on substrate/bottom of the tank?
Near the bottom, mine are on rocks. They pretty much like wherever you feed them ;)
 
bottom here as well. they really dig some leftover mysis if the crabs don't rob them of it
 
Thanks for the input @alpinestar and @Hemmdog. Right now I have just one a little ways up the rock but I think I need to move it as it has about 10 babies coming in and one side is running into rock.
 
A368C04F-3C1C-4789-A0F7-8C260CAA5B80.jpeg
Just picked up my first Acan!
 
So fluffy, gets smushed up against the glass...

IMG_20190129_164618.jpg
 

Acan
, on Flickr

Pretty generic color morph I think, but it's the first one I've had in my tank and it has three new heads growing in! Pretty happy with it. I was hoping to edit out the smudge in the glass but I don't think I'll have the time before the contest ends. O well lol

Great shots everybody!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new