Japanese swallowtail angel

COReeferCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this angel have a defense mechanism? I just put him in my 200 gallon two days ago and he’s really getting pestered by my Tomini tang(the smallest tang I have). This Tomini already beat to death my yellow eyed kole tang:(

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really use a acclimation box.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs can just be jerks. You may have to take the Tomini out for a bit to introduce new fish. Maybe sump if able to. Acclimation boxes also help a lot. You can make one from egg crate or get the nice acrylic ones prebuilt. I had to make my own as I had larger fish than fit in most. I liked to keep them in days if I have nasty fish. Cough "yellow tang".

OP
OP
COReeferCO

COReeferCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acclimation tank but getting fish out of my 200DD is nearly impossible. Wish I could catch the Tomini and rid of him.....thru trade or sale, can’t flush him cuz he’s mean. But, no defense for the angel?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomininensis and yellow eye kole tangs have been very aggressive in my tank. I had a pair in an 80 G Q tank onece and I didn't see one of them for weeks and thought he was dead and added another one as well when I took the 2 tominensis out the third appeared and was crazy skinny and half eaten.
they were very aggressive to any new additions but aggression would cease at the 2-3 days mark. Unfortunately that proved very rough for few fish which didn't make it through the aggression on day 1-2.
they were typically aggressive to Bellus and Semifasciatus which I tried to introduce and one of them attacked a Bellus and was severely biting it and I had to Scoop it from tank top corner half dead. I still keep a few tominensis and yellow eyes in the frag tanks as they are great at cleaning up but won't risk one in the tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back