Jarry's 305 gallon SPS/LPS

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to build my 4th reef, the largest one this time. I already have that tank in my living room, it is 320x60x60cm (126x24x24"), so around 305 gallons. The tank is freshwater Amazon biotope at the moment, but as I'm running out of space for the coral collection I have in other reefs (over 30 SPS species, mostly Acroporas, same amount of LPS and 20 zoa species and I like to give them space to grow into nice big colonies) + I'd like to maintain one tank only, so I decided to make it my final reef tank.

Tech:
Light - DIY (I built all my reef lights), there will be two 3m (118") long ramps with 140x royal blue XT-E, 84x blue XP-E, 28x 420-430nm violet, 28x 430-440nm violet, 56x 6500k white, 14x 3000k white, 14x 660nm red, 14x green, 14x cyan in total (split into these 2 ramps). Each ramp will have its own TC420 controller and 480W power source, all LEDs will most likely be on LDD700h drivers, I don't like to run LEDs on too high current, I rather use more LEDs.

Skimmer - Tunze 9430DC - I already have 2 Tunze skimmers and 9410DC in my 80 gallon reef and I like it.

Streams - stream is my biggest concern. I wanted to try a pair of Gyre 350, but I don't have any experience with these, so I'm not sure how it will move water in 10.5 feet long tank. And I also prefer low maintenance things. So current version is 4 pcs of Tunze Stream 3 pumps + controller. I'll try to make gyre flow using Stream 3 pumps, Roger from Tunze is recommending to place them horizontally on the back wall with the flow rectifier attachment and place them approx every meter, 2 pumps, 2 facing one way and 2 facing the other. In this way, 2 pumps run 100% and create a clockwise gyre flow, the the two pumps run the other way to create a counterclockwise gyre.

Filter:
Very simple sump design, big chaeto chamber, then skimmer and them return pump. I'm using exactly the same design in my 80 gallon reef and can't be more happy with it. It is foolproof, low-no cost (just the light) and I can easily control nutrients by adjusting lighting schedule + it makes pH stable during night.

Stocking plan:

all what I already have in current reefs:
- Ctenochaetus Strigosus
- Paracheilinus carpenteri - pair
- Pterapogon kauderni - pair
- Gramma loreto
- Amphiprion ocellaris - pair

And then I'd like to add:

Tangs:
Zebrasoma Xanthurum
Paracanthurus hepatus
Acanthurus olivaceus
Zebrasoma desjardinii
Naso elegans

Wrasses:
Halichoeres melanurus
Halichoeres chrysus
Halichoeres melasmapomus / iridis
Labroides Dimidiatus - not sure yet

Hawkfish:
Neocirrhites armatus / maybe pair
Oxycirrhites typus

Others:
Siganus magnifica
Xanthichthys auromarginatus / maybe pair

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED collection, last batch or green + cyan in on the way and I already started preparing the lights.

LED.jpg

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still thinking about putting Naso elegans in the tank as my wife loves the fish (and me too), but I don't want fish that would be too big for the tank in the future. It would probably replace Acanthurus pyroferus, 6 tangs is my limit in this 10,5 feet tank.

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light controllers wired and tested, all 30 LED circuits are working, now I need to wait for aluminum heatsinks - it should be available in September.
But I still have a lot to do:)

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, tank should be emty this Saturday and I'll be able to start some real work on reef :) I collected 3 boxes of base rocks (Nature's Rocks), I'll probably need another one (but I'll wait until I use all my current base rock) + 15kg of very nice liverock. I'm also waiting for Marco rocks cuts for the bottom and planning to move another 30kg of liverock from my current 80 gallon later. It should give me around 110kg (242 lbs). The only thing that will probably be delayed is light, but I still have a white light used for the Amazon, which should be ok for cycling the tank and I'll switch to my DIY reef light during cycling period.

1631106518453.jpg

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some drilling yesterday, holes for sump and frag tank room ventilation system.

I hope all will go as planned tomorrow, Amazon tank will be empty and ready to become the reef :) :)

Attachments

• 1631878648418.jpg
    1631878648418.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 1631878648434.jpg
    1631878648434.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is empty, and work has stared. There is lot to do, but I still hope that it will be running in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump room ventilation system done :)

Attachments

• Reef-vzduchotechnika1.jpg
    Reef-vzduchotechnika1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Reef-vzduchotechnika2.jpg
    Reef-vzduchotechnika2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Reef-vzduchotechnika3.jpg
    Reef-vzduchotechnika3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 68

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back