Jatty's Waterbox Peninsula 25g Mini

MattyJatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

First of all, I've missed all of you and your tanks and helpful advice!
I wanted to start a build thread for my Waterbox Peninsula 25g Mini. As you can see from my R2R joined date, I've been around for a little while from selling corals, to build threads, etc. in the past. I kinda put the hobby on the back burner for some time but I'm back in full force and really looking forward to what this little tank can become. Below is a break down of what's going on! I decided to not place the tank in the orientation of a peninsula. I like the placement in the corner of my dining room with the vining plant in the background.

Plans:
Keep this tank well maintained with consistent water changes, dosing if necessary, and maintain stability. Have a mix of corals with some easy to keep SPS and a handful of fish and inverts. My family and I will eventually be moving into a larger house within the next year (fingers crossed). When that time comes, I will upgrade to a larger system once I have more room. But for now, I'm going to see what joy this AIO can offer me and the family for now!

Equipment:
  • Waterbox Peninsula 25g Mini
  • AI - Prime 16HD x1 and I'm going to give David Saxby's lighting profile a shot! David Saxby's Lighting Profile
  • AI - Nero3 x1
  • SICCE Syncra Silent 1.0 Return Pump
  • AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite
  • Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater 75W
  • inTank Chamber One Media Basket
  • Kraken Reef Lid
  • Marco Dry Rock
  • CaribSea Fiji Pink Sand
  • Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt
Livestock Plans:
  • Pair of Designer Clowns (preferably a colored & black/white).
  • Blue-Spotted Jaw Fish
  • Green Chromis x3
Coral Plans:
  • Variety of Zoanthids and Palys
  • LPS (Blastos, Chalices, etc.)
  • Euphyllias (Higher end Torches)
  • Some SPS (Encrusting Montis, Monti Caps)
  • GSP
  • Anemones (few Maxi-Minis)
Here's a few pictures I took last night. Diatoms are starting to show as my cycle has begun! I used Dr. Tim's One and Only live bacteria and live sand.

One day at a time! Follow me along for the journey with this tank. Should be fun and I'll keep my thread updated!

04.jpg 01.jpg 01-1.jpg

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BRS x Saxby schedule i customized for my 25, let me know if you want the schedule. I ended up chamging to a Kessil 360w. Although I may change over to a hydra 26 now xD Cant decide what I like best, was starting to melt my lens on the prime, going over 70% on the violet and uv take a toll. Which is why I think the hydra will work nicely!

OP
OP
MattyJatz

MattyJatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a BRS x Saxby schedule i customized for my 25, let me know if you want the schedule. I ended up chamging to a Kessil 360w. Although I may change over to a hydra 26 now xD Cant decide what I like best, was starting to melt my lens on the prime, going over 70% on the violet and uv take a toll. Which is why I think the hydra will work nicely!
Funny you mention melting your light. I melted the LED lens once already with a different lighting schedule. I ended up buying a new lens from AI. After doing research on the melting issue, it sounds like it happens quite a bit to other hobbyists. Surprised AI actually charges you for a new lens...

So far my new lens hasn't melted. I like the Saxby schedule so far. I've added some coral and a couple fish. Levels are good at the moment. I have more equipment arriving this week from BRS and I'll update this thread with some new photos!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

First of all, I've missed all of you and your tanks and helpful advice!
I wanted to start a build thread for my Waterbox Peninsula 25g Mini. As you can see from my R2R joined date, I've been around for a little while from selling corals, to build threads, etc. in the past. I kinda put the hobby on the back burner for some time but I'm back in full force and really looking forward to what this little tank can become. Below is a break down of what's going on! I decided to not place the tank in the orientation of a peninsula. I like the placement in the corner of my dining room with the vining plant in the background.

Plans:
Keep this tank well maintained with consistent water changes, dosing if necessary, and maintain stability. Have a mix of corals with some easy to keep SPS and a handful of fish and inverts. My family and I will eventually be moving into a larger house within the next year (fingers crossed). When that time comes, I will upgrade to a larger system once I have more room. But for now, I'm going to see what joy this AIO can offer me and the family for now!

Equipment:
  • Waterbox Peninsula 25g Mini
  • AI - Prime 16HD x1 and I'm going to give David Saxby's lighting profile a shot! David Saxby's Lighting Profile
  • AI - Nero3 x1
  • SICCE Syncra Silent 1.0 Return Pump
  • AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite
  • Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater 75W
  • inTank Chamber One Media Basket
  • Kraken Reef Lid
  • Marco Dry Rock
  • CaribSea Fiji Pink Sand
  • Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt
Livestock Plans:
  • Pair of Designer Clowns (preferably a colored & black/white).
  • Blue-Spotted Jaw Fish
  • Green Chromis x3
Coral Plans:
  • Variety of Zoanthids and Palys
  • LPS (Blastos, Chalices, etc.)
  • Euphyllias (Higher end Torches)
  • Some SPS (Encrusting Montis, Monti Caps)
  • GSP
  • Anemones (few Maxi-Minis)
Here's a few pictures I took last night. Diatoms are starting to show as my cycle has begun! I used Dr. Tim's One and Only live bacteria and live sand.

One day at a time! Follow me along for the journey with this tank. Should be fun and I'll keep my thread updated!

04.jpg 01.jpg 01-1.jpg
Love the aquascape!

Turtle_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you mention melting your light. I melted the LED lens once already with a different lighting schedule. I ended up buying a new lens from AI. After doing research on the melting issue, it sounds like it happens quite a bit to other hobbyists. Surprised AI actually charges you for a new lens...

So far my new lens hasn't melted. I like the Saxby schedule so far. I've added some coral and a couple fish. Levels are good at the moment. I have more equipment arriving this week from BRS and I'll update this thread with some new photos!
I was using the Saxby brs as well for not too long as wasn't the lighting I wanted didn't even check the par to be honest with that. But changed to the pennywise deadlights currently and love it measured the par its pretty well set up at 10 inches high off the tank for sps and in the lower parts I have soft corals some zoanathids mushrooms favias and candy canes there liking the lights and it's about 250 but between 250 and 300 ish lights are at for par. I haven't had the issue of the lens melting yet nock on wood. Did you have your violets and uv over 70 percent for that to happen?

OP
OP
MattyJatz

MattyJatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was using the Saxby brs as well for not too long as wasn't the lighting I wanted didn't even check the par to be honest with that. But changed to the pennywise deadlights currently and love it measured the par its pretty well set up at 10 inches high off the tank for sps and in the lower parts I have soft corals some zoanathids mushrooms favias and candy canes there liking the lights and it's about 250 but between 250 and 300 ish lights are at for par. I haven't had the issue of the lens melting yet nock on wood. Did you have your violets and uv over 70 percent for that to happen?
I think when the melting occurred I was running my lights at a constant percentage of about 75%. So that's probably what caused it. Saxby's schedule fluctuates so that seems to be helping with the heat issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back