• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Jawbreaker Mushrooms for sale in York, PA – Round 2!!!

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have jawbreaker mushrooms for sale in York, PA 17406. These are for local pickup only. This is a follow-up to my original sale thread here where I had posted a handful of Jawbreakers for sale. They all sold very quickly and I had a great experience meeting some friendly reefers that I sold pieces to, so I thought I’d do one more (and final) round! Prices are firm. The feedback I received from buyers can be found in my original sale thread here and also in the feedback forum here .

I enjoy growing out colonies, and I’m not one to typically frag and sell corals, but I recently upgraded tanks and wanted to thin out my jawbreaker colony a little in the process. All of these Jawbreakers are natural splits. This all started with one original piece that started out as a dime sized plain looking jawbreaker nearly 3 years ago. My experience is that these are fairly slow growers, the colors take a year or more to come in for most of them, but they do actually shoot off babies fairly quickly. They are very hardy.

All of these pieces are mounted on rocks. Photos were taken tonight, so they are all up to date and accurate. All photos are taken with my cell phone under a 250 watt Radium halide light.

1 - $450 – This is the mother/grandmother/great grandmother to all the pieces seen in this thread and in my first sale thread. This is my original piece, and part of me actually hopes no one buys it… I have a lot of history with this one, and it’s my pride and joy of the jawbreaker colony. One photo shows a side view with a quarter in the picture for a size comparison – the jawbreaker is approximately 3” in diameter. The other photo shows a top down close view. Although this price is better than you might find elsewhere for a similar piece, this is still clearly a good chunk of money for most people (myself included). As such, I’m including the smaller rock (also numbered as 1 and shown from different angles) that has 2 babies slightly smaller than a dime along with a tiny baby the size of an eraser for free along with this mother to take some of the sting away.

2 – $140 – 2 Jawbreakers on this rock. The larger one is a little bigger than a quarter and the smaller one is the size of a dime. No obvious reds or greens on these two yet, but the colors will come with time.

3 - $175 – 2 Jawbreakers on this rock. The one with red speckles and a little green is a little larger than a quarter in size. The smaller one is the size of a quarter with no obvious reds or greens coming in yet.

4 - $140 – 3 Jawbreakers on this rock. Each of these are the size of a dime, and the one has a cool red streak already coming in.

5 - $325 – This rock contains 5 Jawbreakers. The larger one (towards the top) is a little smaller than a half dollar with some red specks and a little green. There are 3 other Jawbreakers visible in the photo, 2 are the size of a quarter and one (partially hidden in the shadows) is the size of a dime. There is also a smaller Jawbreaker slightly smaller than a dime on the side of this rock (not visible in the photo).

6 – $125 - This rock has 3 Jawbreakers. Each of these are the size of the dime with no greens or reds showing yet.

7 – $150 – This rock has 2 Jawbreakers. The larger one is the size of a quarter, and the smaller one is the size of a dime. No colors showing on these yet.

8 – $150 – There is one Jawbreaker on this rock, and it is a little larger than a quarter. It’s a little angry from being moved to photograph, and I’ll try to get a better photo of this posted later.

9 - $175 – The larger one is roughly the size of a half dollar with some red speck just starting to come in. The smaller one is slightly smaller than a quarter with no notable red showing up yet.

2890B72B-F333-4968-A041-F4A11D0AF619.jpeg D5A35DC6-C01F-40D1-8F2A-16867CFE42F2.jpeg 43235168-15F9-4469-838C-3892BAE24B26.jpeg B32CF925-729D-40FB-AD0D-2580859D8066.jpeg A38E18E0-5361-4F00-B644-7AEEEDCC83FD.jpeg 9F60DD0F-B330-44E0-B181-44EC3424A4A3.jpeg 99C7B155-7513-4654-A114-E452BF6C93D4.jpeg 360D3ED1-3377-459E-9E12-BD5137F2973A.jpeg CD6C9FA0-AF86-441C-B1E9-F931FEA118B9.jpeg C190B1D0-DF29-45A2-B53B-736A0C7528EF.jpeg E3FE9D11-6E70-4714-A652-9A9745F6DC5C.jpeg 23E428F0-F7D0-42A0-8D13-F18D98C4CE07.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, links for my previous feedback and sale thread didn’t show up. Here you go!

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my first sale thread, I got asked some of the same questions frequently (understandably so), and therefore, I thought I’d lay out some of this information out in advance this time around –

PLACEMENT - FLOW – These are very hardy and adapt to a wide variety of conditions. One thing that I noticed will make them angry will be too much flow. If they are in too much flow, they will slightly shift around the rock they’re on or release themselves from the rock entirely, float around the tank, land somewhere else, and settle in there. Low to moderate flow is best for these guys. I have a lot of SPS, so I keep a lot of flow in my tank, and the jawbreakers have always been happy in a relatively lower flow area of the tank.

PLACEMENT – LIGHTING – Over the last few years, my jawbreaker colony has grown on a rock placed on my sand bed, and this rock is 30” below (tank is 20” deep, light is 10” above tank) a 250 watt Radium halide lighting fixture. As with acclimating any other coral, it would be best to start these jawbreakers in a lower light part of your tank and move them into more light as they get adjusted to your particular lighting system.

PARAMETERS - My tank parameters are as follows –
Salinity 1.025
Alkalinity 8.5 dKH
Calcium – 480 ppm
Magnesium – 1350 ppm
Nitrate – 5 ppm
Phosphate – 0.05 ppm

COLORS – All these jawbreakers start yellow/orange. There are no guarantees, but it’s almost certain that they will all develop colors in time. And just because a mother has a stripe, it’s baby could have a bunch of specks. They’re all different, and that’s the cool thing about them. Watching them going from plain looking mushrooms, anticipating the colors to come, and then seeing them develop color patterns as they mature. Although some small baby may show red specks early on, most of these are generally going to stay yellow/orange until they get to about the size of a quarter (a year old or so), then they’ll start showing red, and then the greens seem to show up after 2 or 3 years.

With regard to all the information above, this is what has worked well for me and your mileage may vary. Honestly one of the hardiest corals I’ve ever had though, and they’ll likely adapt well to whatever conditions you throw at them.

If you want to know anything else or have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask!

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I wish you would ship. Glws
Thanks! It crossed my mind to try to ship this time around, but I’ve always sold or traded locally. If I can’t sell these locally like I did during my first round of jawbreaker sales, I’ll seriously consider shipping.

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It crossed my mind to try to ship this time around, but I’ve always sold or traded locally. If I can’t sell these locally like I did during my first round of jawbreaker sales, I’ll seriously consider shipping.

Lmk as there is a few I'd take

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lmk as there is a few I'd take
Thanks, I appreciate it. Let me see how things go locally here over the next day or two, and then I’ll let you know. My main hesitation is that these are mounted on rocks... it would be easy to ship these if they were loose (free floating like I hear some vendors ship them) or if they were on plugs. I might need to do some research on how to ship frags mounted to rocks in a way that they are secured and not getting beat up during shipping.

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to mention in my initial post that I am willing to drive a little ways to meet up to give you your order. I’d be willing to drive up to a half hour for most of these if it means making it a shorter trip for you. For the more expensive jawbreakers (or if you want to buy multiples), I’d drive a little further to meet you if you live in the region but aren’t that close to York.

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also interested if you decide to ship :)

Thanks for the interest TinyReef! I’m keeping tabs on who has posted in this thread or PM’d me about shipping. In the event that I decide to ship, I’ll go down the list and PM everyone in order to see what they want shipped.

TinyReef522

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the interest TinyReef! I’m keeping tabs on who has posted in this thread or PM’d me about shipping. In the event that I decide to ship, I’ll go down the list and PM everyone in order to see what they want shipped.
I asked on the first posted too, does that count?

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for the posts and the PM’s. Today is a crazy day at work where I’m bouncing between meetings all day, so if I haven’t responded to your message, I’ll circle back around to you by this evening at the latest. Starting this evening and though the weekend, I’ll be able to respond to messages immediately.

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm brand new to reefing and have mailed things. Its realy easy. Per cups, uline stro shipping box. Perfect weather this time of year

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the jawbreakers I have posted in this thread have been SOLD.

I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for their interest in these jawbreakers. I’ve had a lot of fun interacting with a bunch of you on here and through PM’s.

Again, thanks a lot. I hope every one has a great holiday weekend!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back