Jawbreaker

Kaleb W Bellamy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a jawbreaker today and it wasnt on its rock. So I put it in a plastic cup with rocks and some sand. Question is how long till it grabs and open all the way?

20190125_214418.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends how happy it is. If it likes where it's at it could grab on in a couple days. But I've seen some take a couple weeks before they grabbed onto a piece of rubble.

OP
OP
Kaleb W Bellamy

Kaleb W Bellamy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well did I do the right thing with how I set it up ?? Also another question i got a CC as well and it was so stressed it had white stringy stuff coming out. Will it recover ?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well did I do the right thing with how I set it up ?? Also another question i got a CC as well and it was so stressed it had white stringy stuff coming out. Will it recover ?
Yup your setup looks good :) white stringy stuff is likely its internals...not usually a good sign. But all you can do is try to keep it healthy and see if itll recover

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, let this whole situation ride itself out. The more you move, poke the thing the more stressed it will become. You wanna step in and "do something " but its best to just leave it alone

The only thing you can do without disturbing it is the manage:
1) water quality by not overfeeding the fish....adding excess nutrients. Bump up water changes
2) managing light cycling by backing off light intensity. The internal stringy stuff is itself turned inside-out. Suspituble to burning light

Last edited:

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Month to three months. Keep it in super low flow and and dust it off with a turkey baster every now and then if you think the water around it is getting stale.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back