Jawfish Burrow

viceversabrd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2024
Messages
163
Reaction score
91
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a new Jawfish that’s been in my display tank for 6 days. It is a cube tank with 3 sides for viewing . To my dismay my new Jawfish made his burrow on the back side of the main rock in front of the only glass panel that’s not viewable. I tried to entice him to a different area by stacking up the sand there before I put him in. What I did not consider was I had a pile of shells for my hermits behind the main rock and think this is what attracted him to that area. So, what should I do ? Leave him be? Or my other thought was gently drag out all the shells that he has constructed his burrow with to the area I want him so I can enjoy his beauty. I have been making sure he’s been getting food by turkey basting back there during feeding time.

IMG_1078.jpeg IMG_1087.jpeg IMG_1085.jpeg IMG_1079.jpeg
 
You can try and relocate it, however, more than likely it will go back to the same spot it has already picked out.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new