Jawfish Burrow

viceversabrd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2024
Messages
163
Reaction score
91
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a new Jawfish that’s been in my display tank for 6 days. It is a cube tank with 3 sides for viewing . To my dismay my new Jawfish made his burrow on the back side of the main rock in front of the only glass panel that’s not viewable. I tried to entice him to a different area by stacking up the sand there before I put him in. What I did not consider was I had a pile of shells for my hermits behind the main rock and think this is what attracted him to that area. So, what should I do ? Leave him be? Or my other thought was gently drag out all the shells that he has constructed his burrow with to the area I want him so I can enjoy his beauty. I have been making sure he’s been getting food by turkey basting back there during feeding time.

IMG_1078.jpeg IMG_1087.jpeg IMG_1085.jpeg IMG_1079.jpeg
 
You can try and relocate it, however, more than likely it will go back to the same spot it has already picked out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new