Jawfish Pool

jhadaway

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Messages
750
Reaction score
544
Location
Pasadena, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm planning my 235 gallon tank and I'd really like to keep a jawfish. Researching them it looks like they need a significant sand bed. I'm planning on crushed coral this time around at about 1.5". I bought 12 -12" arches. If I make a circle out of them or a retaining wall and plug the holes I could make somewhat of a "sand pool" 6" or so deep. Does anybody think something like this might work?

Thanks,
JOe
 
I think the jawfish are very likely to throw the sand everywhere as they excavate their tunnels. Probably best to just do all sand on the bottom if you're sold on the jawfish. Make sure to aquascape first then put the rocks down so the fish cant dig underneath the rocks and crush themselves!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new