Jawfish vs. Shrimp Goby Pair

FlyingOctopi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Blue Spotted Jawfish and a Yellow Watchman Goby with a Tiger Pistol Shrimp. First the Jawfish occupied the left side of the tank and the Pistol Shrimp and Goby had the right. A little while later they switched sides. I saw the jawfish out a couple days ago not acting right and the back end of the fish looked beat up. Tonight I heard a bunch of snapping and found the Goby dead. Have not seen the other two since. But it's dark in the tank so don't want to disturb anything. I thought a decent amount of people said they usually don't fight and the store I bought them from said they shouldn't either. Really feel bad about it now.

OP
OP
FlyingOctopi

FlyingOctopi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the picture of the Jawfish a couple days ago.

Attachments

• 20210515_085018.jpg
    20210515_085018.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
FlyingOctopi

FlyingOctopi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Goby looked dead but when I woke up this morning it was alive. Have not seen the Jawfish or Shrimp. Now I'm concerned the Jawfish is dead.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my BSJF for a couple of months but lately he hasn't been doing very well. Not sure he'll make it and not sure I'm gonna buy another. Breaks my heart to see him not doing well. He is my favourite fish but can't stand seeing him not doing well. He would be my first loss in my tank. Water parameters are good, tank temp 75. Was eating and building and doing well until a few days ago. I did research and thought I could take care of him. I think he might of caught it from a new fish or coral in my tank.

Your BSJF tail looks to have some white spots on it. Possible BSJF disease.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back