JBJ 20 Gallon Reef Tank

Buddy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, below is a link to my 20 Gallon Reef Tank. I have had it set up for about six months. The tank is finally settling down and I have put in about all the corals I can fit. I have had larger tanks before but decided to go smaller because they are easier to take maintain. This tank has a light load with only two orange storm clownfish. I don't plan to add any more livestock as I want to make it easier to keep the algae away. Thanks for looking.

https://youtu.be/yaHnBVsuL7o

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! The aquarium and its inhabitants look happy and healthy.

Looks like you have the classic 'clownfish hanging around the powerhead' situation. I had this when I added a small male Oscellaris, but this behavior stopped when I added his mate. Hard to predict how captive bred Clownfish will behave, but sometimes a third fish (different species) will break this behavior pattern if it becomes a concern.

OP
OP
B

Buddy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! The aquarium and its inhabitants look happy and healthy.

Looks like you have the classic 'clownfish hanging around the powerhead' situation. I had this when I added a small male Oscellaris, but this behavior stopped when I added his mate. Hard to predict how captive bred Clownfish will behave, but sometimes a third fish (different species) will break this behavior pattern if it becomes a concern.
Thank you for the comment. Yeah, I got them when they were really small so they hung out there because it was a little calmer area. Hopefully, they will move around more when they get bigger.

Back