JBJ 20 Gallon Reef Tank

Buddy1234

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, below is a link to my 20 Gallon Reef Tank. I have had it set up for about six months. The tank is finally settling down and I have put in about all the corals I can fit. I have had larger tanks before but decided to go smaller because they are easier to take maintain. This tank has a light load with only two orange storm clownfish. I don't plan to add any more livestock as I want to make it easier to keep the algae away. Thanks for looking.

https://youtu.be/yaHnBVsuL7o
 
Nice! The aquarium and its inhabitants look happy and healthy.

Looks like you have the classic 'clownfish hanging around the powerhead' situation. I had this when I added a small male Oscellaris, but this behavior stopped when I added his mate. Hard to predict how captive bred Clownfish will behave, but sometimes a third fish (different species) will break this behavior pattern if it becomes a concern.
 
Nice! The aquarium and its inhabitants look happy and healthy.

Looks like you have the classic 'clownfish hanging around the powerhead' situation. I had this when I added a small male Oscellaris, but this behavior stopped when I added his mate. Hard to predict how captive bred Clownfish will behave, but sometimes a third fish (different species) will break this behavior pattern if it becomes a concern.
Thank you for the comment. Yeah, I got them when they were really small so they hung out there because it was a little calmer area. Hopefully, they will move around more when they get bigger.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new