Jbj 24 build

Reaction score
My tank is several years old. I have had on and off issues with it. I upgraded lights, but neglected the tank as my knowledge was lacking. Building it back up any pointers or advice? I want to get a piece or 2 of plating monti. I also want to do a zoanthid heavy tank, might do a hammer or frogspawn. I have 2 clowns a matted file fish a lawnmower blenny. Of course i have a few snails and hermits. I would like to do a refugium in 2nd chamber and media basket tp replace 1st chamber as well. So far things are getting better, hopefully i can get this thing thriving soon.

20190912_122816.jpg 20190912_122836.jpg 20190912_122844.jpg 20190912_122839.jpg

Reef Pro Corals

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
mixing plating montipora and zoanthids might be difficult as they have very different requirements so both may not be able to thrive but both are relatively hardy

OP
V
Reaction score
Ok yeah i will have to decide which route to take. Most like be a softie and euphyllia tank. Curing some of the rock i removed due to aptasia outbreak, going to be adding a refugium as well. Hopefully i can get this tank thriving again.

OP
V
Reaction score
Ok so ordered the intank basket and built a refugium in 2nd chamber. Light is on the way and ordered some chaeto. Hopefully this filtration change will help keep things more stable. I will post pics after its all together. Next item will be some pods not sure how many i have if any. Gonna run this for a couple weeks and then start adding some corals.

OP
V
Reaction score
Forgot to mention i have the current usa led old pro version with ramp timer. Thinking of upgrading to a better led fixture. Some many new ones out might try the ai prime hd. Anyone running one on a nano? Any suggestions on which one to get? Kessil also looks good but ti.e being seperate is bummer.

OP
V
Reaction score
So trying to narrow down my next light option. Anyone using the ai prime hd or kessil lights for a nano tank? Any suggestions on what you run and success. I am planning on eventually getting a 50 or 66 cube so will use the light on that when i get the tank. Looking for something easy to use and control so leaning towards ai due to not needing to buy a separate controller.

OP
V
Reaction score
Ok so next month im gonna get the ai prime. Going to be a softie and euphyllia tank. I am also looking to get a acid rain bubbletip nem. Any suggestions on settings for the ai prime hd? Mostly looking for settings others are having success with.

Corals.com
OP
V
Reaction score
Ordered my ai prime hd today. Couldnt resist the price since the new ones released. Anyway i was gonna try some profiles i downloaded. I like the nano karen setting and the ab+ looks interesting. Cant wait to get it set up. Any recommendations for a profile for lps and softies?

OP
V
Reaction score
So got my new light first day with it. I am running the karen signature series schedule. My light is on a 2 week acclimation ramping up from 50%. Cant wait to see how my corals respond to this light. I was running a current usa marine pro with the ramp timer. Im sure this ai prime hd will make my corals much happier.
20191014_172254.jpg

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 289 37.2%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 31 4.0%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 344 44.3%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 100 12.9%

Online statistics

Members online