Jbj 24 build

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is several years old. I have had on and off issues with it. I upgraded lights, but neglected the tank as my knowledge was lacking. Building it back up any pointers or advice? I want to get a piece or 2 of plating monti. I also want to do a zoanthid heavy tank, might do a hammer or frogspawn. I have 2 clowns a matted file fish a lawnmower blenny. Of course i have a few snails and hermits. I would like to do a refugium in 2nd chamber and media basket tp replace 1st chamber as well. So far things are getting better, hopefully i can get this thing thriving soon.

20190912_122816.jpg 20190912_122836.jpg 20190912_122844.jpg 20190912_122839.jpg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mixing plating montipora and zoanthids might be difficult as they have very different requirements so both may not be able to thrive but both are relatively hardy

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yeah i will have to decide which route to take. Most like be a softie and euphyllia tank. Curing some of the rock i removed due to aptasia outbreak, going to be adding a refugium as well. Hopefully i can get this tank thriving again.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so ordered the intank basket and built a refugium in 2nd chamber. Light is on the way and ordered some chaeto. Hopefully this filtration change will help keep things more stable. I will post pics after its all together. Next item will be some pods not sure how many i have if any. Gonna run this for a couple weeks and then start adding some corals.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention i have the current usa led old pro version with ramp timer. Thinking of upgrading to a better led fixture. Some many new ones out might try the ai prime hd. Anyone running one on a nano? Any suggestions on which one to get? Kessil also looks good but ti.e being seperate is bummer.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so update on tank. I got my intank media basket this weekend. Refuguim in 2nd chamber with chaeto. Added a few zoas and a hammer and frogspawn. Ill update photos when things open up.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So trying to narrow down my next light option. Anyone using the ai prime hd or kessil lights for a nano tank? Any suggestions on what you run and success. I am planning on eventually getting a 50 or 66 cube so will use the light on that when i get the tank. Looking for something easy to use and control so leaning towards ai due to not needing to buy a separate controller.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so next month im gonna get the ai prime. Going to be a softie and euphyllia tank. I am also looking to get a acid rain bubbletip nem. Any suggestions on settings for the ai prime hd? Mostly looking for settings others are having success with.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank has been doing well. Will post pictures later. I am getting a octolid. Also lights but waiting to see what ai releases here in a few weeks.

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my ai prime hd today. Couldnt resist the price since the new ones released. Anyway i was gonna try some profiles i downloaded. I like the nano karen setting and the ab+ looks interesting. Cant wait to get it set up. Any recommendations for a profile for lps and softies?

OP
OP
V

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got my new light first day with it. I am running the karen signature series schedule. My light is on a 2 week acclimation ramping up from 50%. Cant wait to see how my corals respond to this light. I was running a current usa marine pro with the ramp timer. Im sure this ai prime hd will make my corals much happier.
20191014_172254.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back