JBJ 24 gallon light question.

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a JBJ 24 gallon Nano cube. It has Compact Fluorescent Lighting 36 watt. It comes on stays on for 5-10 minutes then shuts off. If you turn it off for an hour or so it will come on again. Nothing seems to get very hot. What could this be and if needed does any one have a used ballast for this light??

rich850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be better off getting leds for a tank that size it would save you in the long run

OP
OP
G

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be better off getting leds for a tank that size it would save you in the long run

I have one JBJ with LEDs. It is all my other tanks have T5 lights or MH. Not sold on LEDs completely yet. I have had great success with the T5s and MHs so far.

rich850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasnt until recently but I think the key is having a full spectrum and not just blues and whites like some are

rich850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running metal halides on my 150 but I added a full spectrum led fixture in the middle of my tank about a month ago I will be fragging sps from under the halides and moving the pieces to the middle to really be sold on it I bought the fixture because I saw an sps tank that was converted from 6 halides to leds in 2/3 of the tank it was just blue and white but under the 2 areas where the full spectrum fixtures were it was phenomenal the growth tips and color are awesome

cottoncandyMonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same system and one day the light didn't turn on so I jus removed the fuse on the ballest and cleaned it and put it back and been working ever since ...wish u luck man !!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 70 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.9%
Back