Jbj 25 cube - 18”

vashichino7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2024
Messages
36
Reaction score
9
Location
los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, i purchased a jbj 25 cube with a180 kessil - i am trying to work a floating rock and wanted to ask a few questions regarding the filter and what else would I need to get things going.

I have a filter sock, a black foam, a bag of carbon.

Current equipment setup:
Nero 3
Stock return pump that came with tank
Kessil a180 tuna blue

Equipment incoming:
Kessil x controller

What ways do you recommend I start the filtration? What should I add/remove?
Skimmer? More rock?

I guess a basic question is how should I setup the filtration system left to right… and what would I need to get this bad boy going in the right direction?

I will be adding fiji sand, 20 lbs… what brand bacterias or any chemicals needed once i add my ro water to start cycle?

Please let me know your thoughts.

My goal with the tank is to create a floating rock, get a nice anemone to start and maybe 2 clones and some shrimps and clean up crews…

Any feedback is appreciated.
 
Last edited:
1730133326790.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new