jbj 28g did I not fill it enough??

GreenGenes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I kick on my pumps the water level in each pumps column (chamber?) drops lower then the filter chambers level, creating a waterfall? Am I not filling my tank full enough? or is this the way its supposed to be? the overflow grate in the middle is not fully submerged. see pics.

2014-02-13_23-24-28_109.jpg

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the water evaporates the chamber with the pump is the first to drop so yes you need more water. Adding an auto top off to that chamber will also help you reduce one chore and keep salinity level.

OP
OP
G

GreenGenes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I thought something wasnt right. I just filled it tonight, so no chance of evaporation...just lack of water. Seemed full to me :)

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your going to continue having the same issue due to evaporation. As the tank level drops so to will the fuge area. Just keep a jug of top of water handy :)

kurtyboh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuge area wont drop unless you are so out of water it cant push any into the tank... that's the design. however, you will need to fill the pump chamber often to remain stable. In your other thread I mentioned toggling running the wave and full on so my return chamber at night is low, but im not in the room so the waterfall effect doesnt bother me. My tank orginally came with some filter material over there that I ripped out after a while which quieted this quite a bit. It may be possible to get more or cut some to remedy the situation if needed.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 15 11.3%
Back