I have the AIO 11 UV, love it thus far.

Tank looks great.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since May. I don’t have any complaints. I had to dremel a little bit of material off the sides to get it to fit in my back chamber. I can’t complain though.
How long have you been running the UV?

I have the AIO 11 UV, love it thus far.

Tank looks great.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

omajehal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other must have (IMO) are the baskets made by inTank. They are excellent replacements for the ones that come stock from JBJ. Take a look.

Have the JBJ 45’s changed in dimension, because I just got my inTank media basket and it doesn’t seem to fit as I expected. It is way shorter than the first chamber and doesn’t really fill it completely like I had hope it would. I foresee enough of the flow going around it that it won’t function as I had hoped.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the JBJ 45’s changed in dimension, because I just got my inTank media basket and it doesn’t seem to fit as I expected. It is way shorter than the first chamber and doesn’t really fill it completely like I had hope it would. I foresee enough of the flow going around it that it won’t function as I had hoped.
The stock baskets are much shorter than the chamber as well. The stock baskets don’t fill the compartment completely either.

omajehal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stock baskets are much shorter than the chamber as well. The stock baskets don’t fill the compartment completely either.

Mine came with filter socks in the two inlet chambers, so I guess I don't have the baskets as a reference.

I had hoped that the inTank baskets would fit in the second chamber where my stock setup had the media bags placed, but it's too wide for that one. I've thought about using some type of bio-media filter block under the inTank basket to raise it up to a workable height. Just not sure how well that would work either with the flow.

I've currently got my Tunze 9004 skimmer in the second chamber and return pump and heater in the middle chamber.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came with filter socks in the two inlet chambers, so I guess I don't have the baskets as a reference.

I had hoped that the inTank baskets would fit in the second chamber where my stock setup had the media bags placed, but it's too wide for that one. I've thought about using some type of bio-media filter block under the inTank basket to raise it up to a workable height. Just not sure how well that would work either with the flow.

I've currently got my Tunze 9004 skimmer in the second chamber and return pump and heater in the middle chamber.
Aaaahhhh. You bought the flat panel version. I have the one with rounded corners. The media baskets that it came with only go about 2/3 the length down in the chamber and when the basket is in, there’s about 1/2 inch between the back of the basket and the back of the tank. The baskets are made to go in the first chamber. The baskets that it comes with have little arms that grab the glass to hold the media baskets up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back