I am wondering about lighting for my reef tank jbj 45 any sug

Scothania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back into the fish and bought a jbj 45 aio. I am wondering what light is best for coral viewing and growing?

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Welcome to Reef2Reef . A lot depends on what type coral you plan on having and the light requirement's for it. Lighting can be very costly, your requirements can be met with budget lighting also. The best thing to look for in lighting is programming, This can be spectrum control and light scheduling, to control the PAR output and operate the light when your not home. You need to do some info gathering on coral types and light requirements. Me personally I would put a Nicrew hyper reef 150w with controller on your tank . This will give you flexibility PAR wise for LPS and SPS corals with light scheduling also. But don't worry before long plenty of folks should chime in on what they prefer.

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got back into the fish and bought a jbj 45 aio. I am wondering what light is best for coral viewing and growing?
Everyone will have their own opinion. Look through some of the build threads at similar sized tanks, and see what other people have done, and if you like the look of the light. Then figure out the type of corals you want and your budget.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back