Aquarium setup

Bucky241

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45 gallon tank with dimensions 48"L×12"W×18"H and would love some recommendations on a budget build. Plan for the tank is to have a mixed reef tank with other fish and cleanup crew. The main focus of this would be the best budget light I can use for this tank, preferably sub $200. Informantion on either wave makers or flow devices would be useful too. But for those who are feeling ambitious in helping a newcomer I'd love to hear recommendations on good beginner corals that don't break the bank as well as fish:) I'm excited to get started and hear some responses so thank you very much in advance!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45 gallon tank with dimensions 48"L×12"W×18"H and would love some recommendations on a budget build. Plan for the tank is to have a mixed reef tank with other fish and cleanup crew. The main focus of this would be the best budget light I can use for this tank, preferably sub $200. Informantion on either wave makers or flow devices would be useful too. But for those who are feeling ambitious in helping a newcomer I'd love to hear recommendations on good beginner corals that don't break the bank as well as fish:) I'm excited to get started and hear some responses so thank you very much in advance!
The lights I have on my 90 are awesome! They are Hipargero 100 watt. You may need 2 though. They are about $150 each. You can get them either from the maker, or on Amazon.

Upvote 0

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights I have on my 90 are awesome! They are Hipargero 100 watt. You may need 2 though. They are about $150 each. You can get them either from the maker, or on Amazon.
Also, for your clean up crew, try Reef Cleaners.com. Just build your own rather than going by their recommendation.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back