JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/5hp

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2014
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
1,557
Location
Central Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got a JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/5 HP (DBA-150) from BRS a few weeks back and had it up a week or so. I just replaced an Apex EB832 and its now running off that on outlet 8. The DBA-150 is supposed pull 5 amps per website and box. What I noticed on Apex is it is only pulling 2.7-2.8 amps. First thing I did was double check the box and the chiller label which both say DBA-150. Looking at Apex it looks like it is running at the specs of the JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/10 HP (DBA-075) listed at 2.63 amps.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something here, Apex EB832 whacked or ripped off by JBJ?

eb832s.jpg
 
So, I got a JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/5 HP (DBA-150) from BRS a few weeks back and had it up a week or so. I just replaced an Apex EB832 and its now running off that on outlet 8. The DBA-150 is supposed pull 5 amps per website and box. What I noticed on Apex is it is only pulling 2.7-2.8 amps. First thing I did was double check the box and the chiller label which both say DBA-150. Looking at Apex it looks like it is running at the specs of the JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/10 HP (DBA-075) listed at 2.63 amps.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something here, Apex EB832 whacked or ripped off by JBJ?

eb832s.jpg
Compressor manufacturers put the RLA (rated load amps) on the nameplates, not the current draw itself.

RLA is basically maximum continuous amps the equipment can perform at before it trips the overload. And then dividing that value by 1.56.

Looks fine to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new