JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/5hp

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got a JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/5 HP (DBA-150) from BRS a few weeks back and had it up a week or so. I just replaced an Apex EB832 and its now running off that on outlet 8. The DBA-150 is supposed pull 5 amps per website and box. What I noticed on Apex is it is only pulling 2.7-2.8 amps. First thing I did was double check the box and the chiller label which both say DBA-150. Looking at Apex it looks like it is running at the specs of the JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/10 HP (DBA-075) listed at 2.63 amps.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something here, Apex EB832 whacked or ripped off by JBJ?

eb832s.jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got a JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/5 HP (DBA-150) from BRS a few weeks back and had it up a week or so. I just replaced an Apex EB832 and its now running off that on outlet 8. The DBA-150 is supposed pull 5 amps per website and box. What I noticed on Apex is it is only pulling 2.7-2.8 amps. First thing I did was double check the box and the chiller label which both say DBA-150. Looking at Apex it looks like it is running at the specs of the JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/10 HP (DBA-075) listed at 2.63 amps.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something here, Apex EB832 whacked or ripped off by JBJ?

eb832s.jpg
Compressor manufacturers put the RLA (rated load amps) on the nameplates, not the current draw itself.

RLA is basically maximum continuous amps the equipment can perform at before it trips the overload. And then dividing that value by 1.56.

Looks fine to me.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back