JBJ True Tempo Heater Probe

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here know of a way to extend the cord for the heater Probe. I keep the heater in one corner & would like to put the probe closer to the other side of the tank but the Cord isn't long enough & JBJ doesn't sell any for this. I can't put the heater in my sump because it's to long.
TIA

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here know of a way to extend the cord for the heater Probe. I keep the heater in one corner & would like to put the probe closer to the other side of the tank but the Cord isn't long enough & JBJ doesn't sell any for this. I can't put the heater in my sump because it's to long.
TIA
Do you know if the temperature element is a thermocouple or a RTD? That would make a big difference as to the way this would work. There are connectors for both types that would allow you to splice the wiring but the type of temperature element matters a huge amount as to which connector, how many wires, and what type of wiring is needed.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 most common process control type of temperature measurement devices are thermocouple and REDs (resistance temperature device). This link has a basic overview Instrument portal. Once you know what kind of element is measuring the temp you can determine how many wires\ what kind of connector you'll need to splice and add some more cable.

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 most common process control type of temperature measurement devices are thermocouple and REDs (resistance temperature device). This link has a basic overview Instrument portal. Once you know what kind of element is measuring the temp you can determine how many wires\ what kind of connector you'll need to splice and add some more cable.
Thanks for the info, still waiting on JBJ to respond.

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I still haven't heard back from JBJ so I guess their not going to answer the question.

Back