jda's 240g Acropora Rebuild

@jda Do you still have Purple Monster? I'm located in Denver and would love to buy a small piece if available.
 
Hello, if I actively run carbon would I need to stop using it during treatment?
I just ordered a bottle of Angelfood plus flakes. Did they work for you?

The blue clove polyps are super invasive and 2 of my acros are being out competed (Maleficent and Star Fire).

I’m planning to follow JDA’s lead and feed a reasonable pinch every day. I’ll leave the skimmer running, and pull the carbon/GFO bags out of the sump.

IMG_1851.jpeg
IMG_1852.jpeg



IMG_1849.jpeg
 
My flakes got lost in the mail, but the replacement order finally arrived!

I pulled my carbon and fed a good amount today. I plan to keep feeding daily.

The clove polyos just keep encroaching everywhere! They are overgrowing a couple acros and are growing inside my Cliff’s acro colony.
IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg
IMG_1949.jpeg
IMG_1953.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new