jda's 240g Acropora Rebuild

Rooki3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, saw that you dosed Angel Plus to your tank, was wondering if the clove polyps ever come back?

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jda I think it’s time for you to return. It turns out that the person (folks?) who irritated you was running a Seaclone and one of the original Red Sea skimmers - what was that hang on the back called? Prizim?

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mean people suck!!! Plenty of good people on here that really value your opinion and experience. Always enjoyed reading and learning from your posts. Look forward to reading again hopefully in the near future. Hope all is well.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope to see you around Doug but 100% get where you are coming from. I have left many forums over the years because "new blood" comes in and destroys the forums with their 3 months of experience. Mod teams leave these trolls alone to run rampant for months on end.

The vast majority of excellent reefers aren't on the forums these days. When I point this out, I get ridiculed for it all the time. Some of us just get sick of the new IG, know it alls that have never kept anyting more than a bought tank. I deal with it daily in the AskBRS group.

Hope you pop back in and hope I can sneak over and grab some frags at some point. It would make a great day trip!

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mean people suck!!!
I don't it has to do with anyone being mean. Im sure jda can handle that.

Imagine being a teacher with years of experience, who works for free, merely for the enjoyment of educating the public, only to have no-one pay attention, but only too the classmate who's shooting paper out of a straw.

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't it has to do with anyone being mean. Im sure jda can handle that.

Imagine being a teacher with years of experience, who works for free, merely for the enjoyment of educating the public, only to have no-one pay attention, but only too the classmate who's shooting paper out of a straw.
Isn't this ironic. Thanks for the lesson.
Let's move on please.

@jda .....hope you return soon.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add my well wishes to you as well @jda . It is unfortunate that a few bad apples are spoiling the bunch. There are numerous times where I went to research a subject and put in "jda" as the member in my search, looking solely for your response. I, along with countless others, seek out and greatly appreciate your input and expertise. You've done so much for this hobby and I hope you can continue to give back with your vast knowledge base.

Semisonyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t blame him for taking a break. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience, yet a lot of people refuse to listen to his advice because it’s usually simple, effective, and common sense given in a straightforward manner. Most new reefers nowadays seem to want complex answers from “influencers” shilling unnecessary additives on IG. It’s frustrating.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Mr. @jda

How is everything? I wanted to share a picture with you:

9267126C-3367-4672-AF3D-8F814ED0289D.jpeg

I know this really cool guy who has one of their vinyles/CD as a rare collectible. The price for it is astronomically high, so that man is pretty lucky! :)

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. Too lazy to take photos. I did set up a 40g cube with a 70w halide to grow Z&P. Maybe I will post about it soon.

I am starting to shut down a few extra tanks - FOWLR and an extra Coral QT/Fish Nursery. In 3-4 more years, I will probably be out of the hobby all together - kids will be gone and want to just be able to get up and go for weeks or months on a whim if I want to.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. Too lazy to take photos. I did set up a 40g cube with a 70w halide to grow Z&P. Maybe I will post about it soon.

I am starting to shut down a few extra tanks - FOWLR and an extra Coral QT/Fish Nursery. In 3-4 more years, I will probably be out of the hobby all together - kids will be gone and want to just be able to get up and go for weeks or months on a whim if I want to.
You know, I never saw a FTS of your display. I’d love to see one. I am interested in seeing the Z&P tank too.

Which tank do you have that gets you the most enthusiastic about the reefing hobby?

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned all of my heaters down to 74 degrees from 78. Saved me $60 a month in the few months since. Have not noticed anything different yet except that some turbos are better at eating algae now.
I have been doing the same things on my tanks. No noticeable difference except saving money on power bill.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 6 120mm DC fans on a controller over my 120, and the heaters come on almost never, go Florida!!!!
I have 70 watts of fans blowing over my T5s, and I don’t even have a heater. :)

I personally like my temp at 80F.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need an updated FTS sir. You have way too many nice corals not to.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back