Jebao DC pumps externally?

inurocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read conflicting information on using the Jedao DC pumps externally. I would like to hear from someone who is using one this way. I am working on a build and my sump is already drilled for an external pump. The sump is small it would be great not to take up space with a internal pump. Hoping to not be the guinea pig to test this theory.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm involved in a big group buy of Jebao pumps and several of us had the same question. The box says it's a submersible pump and says nothing about being an external pump. So we asked Jebao and they said it's not a problem.

We are still waiting for our pumps, so I can't give you any personal experience yet. When mine get here I'll have a DC12000 external on a Closed Loop and one submersed in the sump... and a spare on the shelf in my reef room! Just because I realize these pumps are almost to inexpensive to believe. And I have 4 wp25 wavemakers by Jebao and 1 of them did just quit (the pump not the controller.

OP
OP
I

inurocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ron, I guess we will both find out if it works. I'm wanting to get in on the group buy that is going on now myself. Sorry to hear about the wp25 I want one myself. Of course I have had high dollar gear fail too, you just never know.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back