Jebao DC pumps

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of getting a DCS1200 or 2000 model to run my IM 25g. I been reading here and lots of conflicting views. I'm more concerned with reliability as I travel a lot for work. Is this a reliable pump or should I go for a Mightyjet? Or should I just stay with AC pumps? Considering using 2 smaller AC pumps instead of one pump split to the 2 returns. Maybe more reliable that way for redundancy when I'm away. Thoughts? Thanks!

Hillbillyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redundancy is always good, especially if no one is around to check on things. That being said I’ve had a Jebao 4000(I think) running for at least 8 yrs with zero issues.

Now that I’ve said that it should fail tonight. ‍♂️

OP
OP
cyber_ecco

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redundancy is always good, especially if no one is around to check on things. That being said I’ve had a Jebao 4000(I think) running for at least 8 yrs with zero issues.

Now that I’ve said that it should fail tonight. ‍♂️
LoL...yeah you never really know when they are going to fail. Its hard to gauge the Jebao pumps. So many people say they failed and so many people say they are great. Wonder if if has to do with the models.

Hillbillyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL...yeah you never really know when they are going to fail. Its hard to gauge the Jebao pumps. So many people say they failed and so many people say they are great. Wonder if if has to do with the models.

I wonder that too. Or possibly what parts were used on what day, who knows?

I guess when buying cheap Chinese gear, it’s a crap shoot on the longevity.

SaltyinNJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the DCS line is an older line of pumps. I have a DCP 6500 Jebao which I believe is supposed to be slightly more advanced and I believe they have newer ones coming out soon. Regardless, I have had this pump running for 2 years with no issues and have only cleaned it every six months. So far I’m very happy with it.

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jecod/jebao DC 6000? I've had it for over.a year. On 60 gallon cube with sump. with zero problems running between 10% to 40%

OP
OP
cyber_ecco

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the DCS line is an older line of pumps. I have a DCP 6500 Jebao which I believe is supposed to be slightly more advanced and I believe they have newer ones coming out soon. Regardless, I have had this pump running for 2 years with no issues and have only cleaned it every six months. So far I’m very happy with it.

Yes I read about that. Unfortunately the smaller pumps seem to only come is DCS model or the original DC models. Maybe I should wait for the new models to release. Any idea of the ETA?

OP
OP
cyber_ecco

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 3" in the back chamber. That pump is listed at 3" exactly. So even if it just fit it would be touching the glass which I'm sure would create a lot of noise due to vibration.

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 3" in the back chamber. That pump is listed at 3" exactly. So even if it just fit it would be touching the glass which I'm sure would create a lot of noise due to vibration.

its amazon prime, so you can return it if it does not work out. The only definitive way to find out is to try it.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%
Back