Jebao DCP 15000 actual width W/O base

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbird0420
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbird0420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
28
Reaction score
6
Location
Parrish, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Looking for more reviews on this pump as well as for those who own this particular model. I would like to know how wide the pump is without the base. I see online it varies from 5" to 6" depending on what site I visit for specs. I have a 40g breeder sump baffled and the return area is exactly 5" wide. If i can't use this model I was thinking the DCP 13000 since it is a bit thinner. Thanks!
 
Can I ask what you are using this on that you need nearly 4000gph return?

Either of those pumps are going to move way too much water for a 5x16x18 return area. And it's probably more like 5x10x18. The pump will suck air almost continuously.

At least that is what I think.
 
Probably overkill. I have the DCT 12000 right now but it is 2 years old now and I want to replace it with a newer version and use the 12000 DCT as a backup. I currently have 3 large reactors and my algae scrubber tied into the pump as well as plenty of flow but thinking the higher number I don't have to max out the flow. But mainly want to know how wide the DCP 15000 is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new