Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump

ron garnett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used a Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump? I need to replace one of two return pumps to my 240 gallon reef tank. Would not like to spend loads to replace it. I saw the Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump that sounded interesting but, I no nothing about this brand.

Richard ML

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for about a month. It's SUPER quiet and way stronger than other pumps I've had with comparable advertised flow rate.

My only complaint is that the socket where the DC jack plugs into the controller sparks when you plug it in... kinda iffy. But that's minor, and it's only something I really do during water changes.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had the dct3000 up and running for about 3 years+. Minimal cleanings and never an issue. The sparking is not a quality issue, my AI lights power supplies do this too.

Bought the dcp3000 as backup and have been running it for about 6 months in my dry to live rock culture tote without issues.
As said above, super quiet and highly adjustable. Pushes a lot of water for the size. Doesnt get hot.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one, the 6500. Bought it in 08/2020. Been in service for probably 2 years total. Working great. The old Jebao return pump it replaced was probably 4 years old.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people have had good luck using these return pumps
I would recommend at least a dct-8000 for your size tank.
You will see many model numbers dct, dcp and so on.
I loose track which ones are the most current model.
But any will work.

OP
OP
R

ron garnett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your feed back. I have one other question. I want to use this pump externally. It will replace an Iwaki pump that gave up the ghost. I would like to connect the Jebao pump to the existing fittings
I used for my Iwaki. Anyone have any experience with this?

reefbliss2344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the Sine Wave feature? I read my manual (limited info written by someone in another country) but there is no info on programming. I bought 2 separate ones for my 2 tank system. I really would like to use this described feature for tide mimicking. I look forward to the help!

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used a Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump? I need to replace one of two return pumps to my 240 gallon reef tank. Would not like to spend loads to replace it. I saw the Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump that sounded interesting but, I no nothing about this brand.
I've been using one for my display for 6 years straight. I think I cleaned it once lol.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice this was an old thread bumped with new question.
No, I've never used that function nor did I even know there was one. Sorry!

reefbliss2344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"A pure sine wave inverter is an electronic device that converts direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). A sine wave is a continuous wave that describes a smooth repetitive oscillation. Conventional AC power is produced by rotating machines and is mathematically described as a sine wave."

I was wrong. There is no programming available. "SINE Wave" steady wave. . . Consistency power.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back