Jebao DCT-4000 real world head height

nagumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me a real world answer on the head height of this pump? Specs say 9.8ft, but not sure if I should trust that. I have about 10 feet horizontal and 6 feet vertical... not sure if the 4000 is enough. I'm not actually using it for an aquarium... but it seems like you folks are the experts :)

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not likely to get very much flow from that pump in your set-up - maybe 20-30% of its rated maximum (zero head) capacity at best. I would probably be looking for something with 13-16 ft of max head with a maximum flow that is about double what you need.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if the 4000 is enough
Nope its not enough. Their ratings are pretty accurate, almost spot on.

Im running the DCP 10000 and it has 18 feet of head and people who tested verified it to be accurate.

The trick is using the largest PVC the adaptors in the pump kit allow in a straight up run for maximum flow.

love my 2 jebaos, both the 2000 and the 10000 have been great pumps. Depending on how much flow you need you will have to move up a size or two. Good thing is you can upgrade to say an 8000 and turn it down to match your desired needs.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back