JEBAO DP-4 & 4S - What connecting cable is used?

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I am losing my mind. The 4 head Jebao doser is awesome, and the 8 head with the slave is even better. I was told it was an 'ethernet' cord that fits in and connects the two. Ethernet does not fit. I went to best buy and bought a telephone/land line cord. It also did not work. I have a CISCO work phone that I stole the connector cable from and tried, and it also did not work.

It looks like a 6 pronged ethernet cable is what is uses. SURELY this isn't a cord that JEBAO created and uses specifically for the slave dosing pump.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of cord I can use to access pumps 5-8? And even better - a brick and mortar store where I can go tonight and buy one ?

This is the pump that I have. It works tremendously, but I have 2 channels for in and 2 channels for out for my AWC, and I would love to use the heads 5-8 for reef fusion part 1 , part 2, magnesium supplement, and ab+
1678983201606.png

1678983160446.png

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like an RJ-12 cable to me... I'd be curious to know what kind of telephone cable you tried as this would have the same connector head.

Is the plug on the cable too big or too small? If one or the other, by roughly how much?

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like an RJ-12 cable to me... I'd be curious to know what kind of telephone cable you tried as this would have the same connector head.

Is the plug on the cable too big or too small? If one or the other, by roughly how much?
Dude I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

I went to best buy and bought something that fit in there perfectly. This is what I bought from Best Buy : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-25-landline-phone-cord-white/6406533.p?skuId=6406533 and it fit in there PERFECT. It is 25 feet long, they had a 7 foot option. Wondering if the signal just doesn't carry far enough and I had the right cord all along..

A normal 8 prong ethernet cord is too wide. This is the cable that hooks up my work phone, it did not work. It was not wide enough. The Jebao hole seems to have 6 prongs.

1678986167371.png

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying once more, biggity bump. Just went to Best Buy bought the 7 ft cord and it also didn’t work so my suspicion of the 25 ft being too long of a distance was incorrect. I can find absolutely zero information on these, but I guess that’s what I get for $50 off Facebook :(

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I second the rj11/rj12. Usually used by old point of sale systems and cash registers.

Amazon...
5 Feet RJ11 / RJ12 Data Cable - Heavy Duty 6-Pins High-Speed Extension for Cash Register Drawer, Telephone, Modem, Fax, Printers, and More - Drawer Cable for Voice and Data https://a.co/d/5lggXKt

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ilikefish69 I have the same problem, does the cable that you ordered works? I mean is it the right one?
The Amazon link, Lbrsoxfan a couple comments up ended up working. They are the cables used to connect old Point Of Sale systems, have to have 6 pins, phone cables (4) and Ethernet (8) will not work, and 6 pin nowhere to be found other than Amazon. Still running strong today, but down to 6 dosing heads, I’ll replace them eventually lol

electron2248

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its definately an RJ11 cable. The problem with most premade phone cables is that they typically only have 4 of the 6 pins wires (usually for a phone only which only has 2 lines green/red for line 1, yellow/black for line 2). Some even cheaper ones only have 2 wires for a single line. 6 wire cords can be found ocassionally, you only need to look at the clear connector to veryify all 6 are there. Alternatively, you can just make one by cutting the ends off an 8 wire RJ45 cable and just using 6 of the 8 wires. Cheap RJ11 crimpers and connectors can be found all over the internet. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back