Jebao MCP-120 or SCP-120

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m looking at getting a Jebao cross flow pump. I can’t find reviews about the newer MCP model. I’m wondering if they fixed the wifi connection issues I’ve read about with the SCP. Anyone have experience with these pumps?

I have a 75 gallon 4ft tank that’s 8 months old. I haven’t added coral yet, but will be doing LPS. Would 1 MCP/SCP-120, 4300-4600 GPH, be enough flow?

TIA!

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is a few months late but hope I can help if you’re still browsing. I’ve had the scp-120 for around a year and a half and it’s running like the day I bought it. I stay up on my maintenance and clean it fully every month or so. It moves a lot of water and I have moved it up to my 6ft tank it works so well. I’ve heard that not cleaning jebao pumps or cleaning in vinegar decreases the life expectancy so make sure to clean. The app itself isn’t very user friendly as some of the controls take a little getting used to. Also I’ve never had any app problems, iPhone 12 but I’m just a single user so it may be a problem that i just haven’t experienced. Also some help is the number after the letters of the model, in this case “120” is the length of tank in centimeters the pump is rated for.

OP
OP
ry_gon

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is a few months late but hope I can help if you’re still browsing. I’ve had the scp-120 for around a year and a half and it’s running like the day I bought it. I stay up on my maintenance and clean it fully every month or so. It moves a lot of water and I have moved it up to my 6ft tank it works so well. I’ve heard that not cleaning jebao pumps or cleaning in vinegar decreases the life expectancy so make sure to clean. The app itself isn’t very user friendly as some of the controls take a little getting used to. Also I’ve never had any app problems, iPhone 12 but I’m just a single user so it may be a problem that i just haven’t experienced. Also some help is the number after the letters of the model, in this case “120” is the length of tank in centimeters the pump is rated for.
How do you clean your pump? I bought the MCP-120 from Amazon in January. I cleaned it with citric acid a few weeks ago. I let it running in the bucket for a few days. It seems to blow slower than when I first got it even after cleaning.
The app is good just takes time to get used too. It took me a few hours to make a schedule using the app. The controller did disconnect from wifi once, but it was easy to add it again and thankfully my schedule was saved.

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you clean your pump? I bought the MCP-120 from Amazon in January. I cleaned it with citric acid a few weeks ago. I let it running in the bucket for a few days. It seems to blow slower than when I first got it even after cleaning.
The app is good just takes time to get used too. It took me a few hours to make a schedule using the app. The controller did disconnect from wifi once, but it was easy to add it again and thankfully my schedule was saved.
I clean mine with normal water usually and use citric acid if there is tough bits to remove but I only let it sit for an hour or two at most. I then use a firm bristle brush designed for dishes that is only used for reef cleaning. Maybe leaving it in the citric acid for a few days effected it somehow? I’ve heard some people say the propellers can break too so maybe check that it is fully intact. The only good thing is they’re on the cheaper end so if all else fails you didn’t lose too much and can buy another or move to another brand if needed. Good luck and hope it works and runs good for you in the long run!

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for 8ft would need the scp 180?

AtlanticGail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think that a 90 then would be ok for a 4 foot tank?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back