jebao scp vs. mcp.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i am looking to buy a gyre for my 40B to help with surface agitation/flow for my now SPS dominant mixed reef. i cannot for the life of me see any worth-while differences between the SCP/MCP versions. my LFS is having a 15% sale on all jebao pumps so i will probably take advantage of this and buy a return pump as well as my current sicce 3.0 is painfully annoying me with constant humming (been dealing with this for 2 years now..)

price difference is about ~20$, but in your experience if you went from an SCP to an MCP, was there any difference in programing/usage/longevity? i don't care for the wifi ability as i know for a fact i wont be able to connect to it as my connection is not a 2.4ghz connection. i just want a pump to move water with the option to add another pump if i so choose to.

OP
OP
shakacuz

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Jebao SLW20M or MCP70 never had any issues connection to regular spectrum WiFi.

The app is great.

Edit: I wish they had a max limit in random mode.
i am only sure that i will have wifi connectivity issues because i cannot connect to my inkbird via wifi due to the 2.4ghz requirement.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i am only sure that i will have wifi connectivity issues because i cannot connect to my inkbird via wifi due to the 2.4ghz requirement.
I have the same issue with my GHL Doser (could never connect to my spectrum WiFi), Apex likes to occasionally fall out of network (once a month).

Never had any issues with Kamoer pumps (outside of their system wide issues last couple months), Jebao pumps, Kessil, Radions or Versa connecting to WiFi.

If you don’t want WiFi connectivity, get the cheaper one. I don’t think there are any differences.

If you want to have WiFi just in case, get the MCP. The new controller will let you control the pump without the app.

OP
OP
shakacuz

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One or two running? Did you get a 90 or a 70? Thanks for the info!
one scp70. if, or when i upgrade to a 2ft cube i'm planning i may get a second. i'm not too convinced i'll need it with my two nero 3s.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back