Jebao PP vs Jebao SW?

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused about the models and can’t seem to find the difference between the two. I currently have RW-8, which is small for what I need. So I need to get either a PP or a SW. can someone shed light on the difference?

Or maybe there’s a new model that I don’t know about.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sw has the 0-10v external controller port. It is newer than the pp, but there is now yet another newer model, I forget what it's called.

Robsk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you all know if the sw can still use the aqualink s1 wireless controller? Someone thought it was the newer t1 controller but I'm seeing some conflicting information.

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would honestly go used on a decent product before I would go Jaebo. There’s a reason they have a 30 day warranty. I don’t know what kind of investment you have but it may be worth getting something better. After the hurricane I bought a few jaebo’s as temps and could not wait to get rid of them.

Robsk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would honestly go used on a decent product before I would go Jaebo. There’s a reason they have a 30 day warranty. I don’t know what kind of investment you have but it may be worth getting something better. After the hurricane I bought a few jaebo’s as temps and could not wait to get rid of them.
Respectfully, I think this thread is about the differences in the generations of pumps rather than quality and investment. I'm glad you found a product that works well for you. This hobby has a lot of diversity for sure!

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the pp8. Not sure about the differences. Just so you know though, at least for the pp series, they don't seem to turn down much. There is a speed control but I don't think it makes much of a difference in the pump speed at all. The pp 8 is almost too much for my lps in my 90 gallon, even though it's not rated for that much flow. The newer model might have better controlability but I can't seem to find much info on them. But if you have any questions about the pp model feel free to ask

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you all know if the sw can still use the aqualink s1 wireless controller? Someone thought it was the newer t1 controller but I'm seeing some conflicting information.

I have a few PP8s and wondering if the S1 and T1 link is worth the money. What do you think? Is the extra wireless controllability worth it? Thanks.

Robsk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few PP8s and wondering if the S1 and T1 link is worth the money. What do you think? Is the extra wireless controllability worth it? Thanks.

I’ve run PP4s and currently run SW8s. However, I’ve not used the aqualink. I was interested in it for my SWs because my setup changed and I can’t use the light sensor option for night anymore. I think the phone app and flow rate options on a 24 hour cycle would be pretty cool.

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the new OW series has a head that can be rotated in all different direction within the mount. I have 2 PP-4's and they have an updated mount from the older ones (hardly can tell difference), but they have pretty good flow in my 60 gallon, but I'm upgrading to a 150 gallon and got 1 of the PP-20's for more flow. I tried it in my 60 gallon a couple days ago to see how it was and the thing made my tank look like a set prop for the movie twister! ;Nailbiting Even turning it down, it was blasting stuff all over. Hopefully with the bigger tank it will be OK or I just spent money on a water change mixing pump for the saltwater!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back