Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4

WRXTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up the Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 from Amazon due to the great price compared to others. I have two questions for others who use this product or other dosing pumps.

1. How reliable is the Jebao pump, can I trust this not to over dose? I have a 25 Gallon lagoon and it doses the 4ml a day I wanted so far but wonder about reliablity dosing a small amount.
2. I am using Seachem 2 part and Microbacter as of now. Seachem part 2 is very thick and I worry it may clog the pump and if not shaken between dosing can this be an issue.

Thanks!

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it and it’s okay. Never had an issue with overdosing. I don’t think it’s accurate so don’t worry much about how much it says it putting in worry more about putting in as much to keep your params stable. Never had an issue with it dumping a bunch in. Also noted that I get crazy amounts of air bubbles even though I bled the lines and have rigid tubing down to the bottom of the containers

OP
OP
W

WRXTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it and it’s okay. Never had an issue with overdosing. I don’t think it’s accurate so don’t worry much about how much it says it putting in worry more about putting in as much to keep your params stable. Never had an issue with it dumping a bunch in. Also noted that I get crazy amounts of air bubbles even though I bled the lines and have rigid tubing down to the bottom of the containers
I have some bubbles that pop up in the line near where it dumps into the tank as well. I bet it's due to gravity, the lines seem to be air free. So far so good and it seems to be holding my numbers steady! Not bad for $60.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 3 head slave unit that I use with reefpi to dose nopox and/or no3/po4 when needed.

Once calibrated, it stays pretty accurate so far (couple months use). I dose 4ml nopox 1ml at a time 4 times a day. I get some air in the lines but it doesn't seem to effect dosing. I did have air bleed issue at the start where it would effect dosing, but zip ties at every joint seemed to have solved it.

All that being said, I'll probably be switching to Kamoer X1 pros or the 4 head unit once I need to start dosing more (2-part,trace elements etc)

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 head slave unit that I use with reefpi to dose nopox and/or no3/po4 when needed.

Once calibrated, it stays pretty accurate so far (couple months use). I dose 4ml nopox 1ml at a time 4 times a day. I get some air in the lines but it doesn't seem to effect dosing. I did have air bleed issue at the start where it would effect dosing, but zip ties at every joint seemed to have solved it.

All that being said, I'll probably be switching to Kamoer X1 pros or the 4 head unit once I need to start dosing more (2-part,trace elements etc)
Can you explain the zip ties at each joint? I’m having a hard time picturing it and I’d like to solve my air bubble issues

OP
OP
W

WRXTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm curious about the zip tie solution as well, thanks

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to rehash an old thread but I had a question on the Jebao DP-4 also. I have the same doser for a few months now with no issues dosing. The only problem i have is that when i lose power, i lose the program as well. I've seen some threads about battery backup on the unit but I can't seem to find it on my unit. Is there actually a backup battery in the Jebao DP-4?

Iant419

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dang you're using reefpi, kudos. Open source automation is exactly what we need to move toward. My gf used to program python and Java so maybe I can get her to help me set one up some day. I just don't think I could ever learn coding stuff.

As far as battery backup pop the lid and look for a coin battery on the circuit board. Yours is probably dead and needs replaced as they aren't rechargeable and I'm sure the stock one was garbage.

Attachments

• CMlM4oRTWy3YwQTT.full.jpg
    CMlM4oRTWy3YwQTT.full.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 40

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang you're using reefpi, kudos. Open source automation is exactly what we need to move toward. My gf used to program python and Java so maybe I can get her to help me set one up some day. I just don't think I could ever learn coding stuff.

As far as battery backup pop the lid and look for a coin battery on the circuit board. Yours is probably dead and needs replaced as they aren't rechargeable and I'm sure the stock one was garbage.
your right, i do see the stock battery in the housing. I just thought it would last at least a few months.. :oops:
Thanks for the info

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Jebao 3s and have been using them on both my tanks for close to a year - without issue. I dose 2 part (1 each) and mag in each tank. No issues on dosing amount as i test regularly and adjust according to needs. 1 big thing that i learned about keeping the ALK line clean (as it cakes up easily and can get clogged) was to make an angle cut on the end of the line and don't have it in the water. That worked great. I am looking at the new RedSea pumps but for the price, you can't beat the Jebao's

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Jebao 3s and have been using them on both my tanks for close to a year - without issue. I dose 2 part (1 each) and mag in each tank. No issues on dosing amount as i test regularly and adjust according to needs. 1 big thing that i learned about keeping the ALK line clean (as it cakes up easily and can get clogged) was to make an angle cut on the end of the line and don't have it in the water. That worked great. I am looking at the new RedSea pumps but for the price, you can't beat the Jebao's
great tip. no pun intended.
I'm using the Jebao DP4 for dosing AFR, Mag, and top off water. so far its been steady and the results have been great
1_24_2022.jpg

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

can the stock battery be interchanged with any other type of battery? Stock battery is a CR1220 3v. I'm guessing any other battery of the same voltage would work?

Iant419

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can the stock battery be interchanged with any other type of battery? Stock battery is a CR1220 3v. I'm guessing any other battery of the same voltage would work?
Yeah, all CR1220's will be the same voltage. What differs is basically how long they last and self-discharge rates. Get a good name brand battery and be done with it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back