Jebao Wavemakers

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which jebao wavemakers would you all recommend for a 125 gallon 54” tank? And how many? Or should I go for 1 3k icecap gyre? Budget is around 150 at most!

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I wouldn't recommend any of them. I have had 5 in the last few years and am down to one still working.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use and like Jebao wave makers. However, stay away from Icecap gyres. I had a few and they are not reliable. Plus they’re loud.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say I really like my TUNZE over the others. I am running 2 Tunze with a gyre now. I am thinking of swapping the gyre for another TUNZE. I am running a lot of flow though. For the money the jebao are pretty good, but they don't last long usually. They are better just set to a speed and left alone with regular cleaning.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have good personal experience with jebaos - just take care of them as with anything else and they will do their job. They pack a punch for way less than the high end Ones. Of course the reliability is not the same so I’m not saying they’re better.

One pp8 is enough to travel across my 4ft tank so I think you can get away with a couple pp8’s and possibly a pp4 if you have dead spotS. It also depends on how high flow you want really. I’d say the set up I rwanna commended is good for medium flow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back