Jebao WP pump warranty?

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
5,090
Reaction score
1,337
Location
Phoenix AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the warranty is on the Jebaos? Had one quit with about 8 months on it and can't find anything in the instruction manual or on the box about warranty. Other is doing great!

My old Hydor Evolutions had a two year warranty and their customer service was fantastic, hope Jebao is the same.
 
One of mine did too, after ~9months. I sent an email to fish street .com regarding warranty on 4-3-2014. No answers. And I think the old saying "u get what u paid for" does prove it's truth in this case. ..
I am going back to tunze. ..lol
 
Mine locked up after 2 months. It would cost more to ship it back then it would to buy a new one. I was able to buy the part I needed from reef breeders.
I had a Hydor evo go crazy on me once. I emailed them and with an hour I had a response. They sent me bunch of parts no question asked.
 
1 year warranty ... thats weird .. i contacted fish street cause my controller got wet .. they sent me a brand new one no questions asked .. i just had to pay 12.00 for the over seas shipping ... i have had my wp 40 over a year now still runs like day 1 ..
 
I have not seen a printed warranty anywhere. I did find a thread somewhere where Fish_Street implied a 6 month warranty of their own but nothing from Jebao.
My Evolutions 1400's had over 2.5 Million starts and stops on a RKL switching every 30 seconds so I would hope Jebao steps up to the plate on the WP's or may have to go back to Hydor which has excellent customer service.
 
Aren't jaebo in patent violation of tunze. Aren't they a grey market. Aren't they almost all overseas sales. I don't expect much if any support on mine. But it was 1/5 $ that of my mp40. (Note my mp 40 had issue and ecotech. Got me a new one 2day air. But this is what i paid for )
 
No they are not. Tunze sent out bogus letters but it was just a scare tactic.
 
In China they have no copyright laws. Jaebo can do what ever they want. I work in a field that is very copyright based and it goes against my ethics to ever give such companies my business
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new