Jeboa pumps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I just set up a return pump with it and it works like a charm.

What's wires are needed to plug into to control?
Are you GHL or apex ?
Are the controllers with 0-10v compatible with any older pumps RW for instance?

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on GHL and used this thread to help me with the wiring. I put together a little box that has two RJ45 sockets and two RJ12 sockets. Each RJ45 is wired to an RJ12 so an Apex cable can be plugged into the RJ45 and RJ12 cable to GHL. Will make life easier as more Apex cables available out there.

TLDR: If you take an apex cable, you want to connect pins 2 and 6 (ground) to pin 3 on GHL (GHL uses a shared ground, apex has a ground for each). Then Apex pin 5 to GHL pin 2 for 1-10V interface 1 and Apex 1 to GHL 5 for interface 2.

I had an old Jebao pump that came without the 1-10V controller. I plugged it into my newer (CoralBox, but same thing) controller and it worked just fine. However, YMMV and I am sure there are some that work and some that do not. However, I can confirm that if it works, then it will work with the GHL stream pump controller.

This thread will help: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-to-ghl-cables-0-10v-control.682794/

Also, you may need to do something on the controller to put it into 1-10V control mode; I had to hold down one of the buttons but your contoller is different than mine.

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on GHL and used this thread to help me with the wiring. I put together a little box that has two RJ45 sockets and two RJ12 sockets. Each RJ45 is wired to an RJ12 so an Apex cable can be plugged into the RJ45 and RJ12 cable to GHL. Will make life easier as more Apex cables available out there.

TLDR: If you take an apex cable, you want to connect pins 2 and 6 (ground) to pin 3 on GHL (GHL uses a shared ground, apex has a ground for each). Then Apex pin 5 to GHL pin 2 for 1-10V interface 1 and Apex 1 to GHL 5 for interface 2.

I had an old Jebao pump that came without the 1-10V controller. I plugged it into my newer (CoralBox, but same thing) controller and it worked just fine. However, YMMV and I am sure there are some that work and some that do not. However, I can confirm that if it works, then it will work with the GHL stream pump controller.

This thread will help: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-to-ghl-cables-0-10v-control.682794/

Also, you may need to do something on the controller to put it into 1-10V control mode; I had to hold down one of the buttons but your contoller is different than mine.

That's great thank you.
I'll have a play with on over the weekend and let you know how I get on
Wish they had done this awhile ago o think it's really useful and saves alot on very expensive pumps that do the same job as a jebao

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back