!!!!JEEZE, I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM SAYING THIS, BUT MY FRAGS ARE LITERALLY TOO BIG!!!???? WHAT THE FLARPING HECK??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know and that is why I hated to even mention it but it seems like a legit way to get rid of a bunch of frags quicker and clear some room.

Maybe give you some time to snap some pics of all the stuff not on the site already ;) lol. Because from what I see there is a bunch !!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh I know and that is why I hated to even mention it but it seems like a legit way to get rid of a bunch of frags quicker and clear some room.

Maybe give you some time to snap some pics of all the stuff not on the site already ;) lol. Because from what I see there is a bunch !!!
Honestly, yes, and another yes there. I've got so many pieces in the pic que that I want to shoot lots just getting silly. I wish I could refine my pic taking process a little, but with the lower water level in my prop system I can't shoot anything with, my "good camera" in them at all, which means I literally have to move anything I want a good shot of to my special "pic tank". It's ideal for shooting to be sure, but the process itself is way to tedious and really the primary reason I am so behind on site pics. And the truth is, I have been saying this for too long. I'm sure there are plenty of people that are tired of hearing that one from me. lol

I mean, I can shoot colonies with a phone where they are, but these pics just aren't good enough to showcase on the site that way. I have been plugging a lot of these phone shots in over on my IG page though as a semi-reference.

The "meet in the middle" here on this one would be to shoot wysiwyg frags, or packs even with my phone and just crank them, out on the site. I'll have to try to work a little harder on this. Not to mention there's a horde of reefers that won't go near a site unseen battlebox style acro pack. So I could certainly broaden my customer base a bit with some halfway decent wysiwyg stuff on the site I'm sure. At this point it's really about budgeting Time.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow yeah,I can see how that would complicate things like crazy. There has to be a buddy who can help you out and shoot pics for you !!! If I could take off of work I definitely would.

Honestly,you are the most tranparent person in this hobby when it comes to things which not only myself but everyone loves. You have an amazing collection and even talk about the good,the bad,the ugly. Which most people/companies won't.

But I do also think majority of people like wysiwyg over anything,and if they had a choice would pick that over a sight unseen frag. But that is just my view of it. Because I know when the time comes and I have the money ajd I can order Acro's online you are my first order. I have been wanting frags from you since I found your website like 6-8yrs ago.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Try growing the frags on branch rocks
When they overgrow they might grow down the branch and you'll be able to cut it wherever you want
thanks for the input. This could work with much smaller with way less frags involved, but, it would be way too much to deal with. As opposed to just periodically loosening them as they encrust on the the racks. same goes for raising them somehow off the rack. They'd still encrust over the spacer just the same I'm afraid.

Ultimately it's double edged sword. As, well encrusted frags are more desirable for sure. But there is clearly a point at which too much encrusting poses a legitimate problem.

like, is this why so many vendors have live sales? lol

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other logical thing I could think of is:

- 2"-3" tiles instead of plugs.

- Whatever the biggest plug they sell is.

-Gluing a frag plug to the bottom of the tile buying you a little more time from fragging to ship for encrusting to take place.

-Or whatever species your are having excessive growth with,just not frag it until someone whats some and give them a 1-2 week heal time ?

- Or use egg crate flats instead of the ones you have now so not as much growth is being broken off.

Last edited:

Zoa.Mania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I get the point of all these live sales, never really thought about it

As for the frags, What about using some frag tiles on those frags that’s about to overgrow the plug? It takes more space but hi… it’s the space they need eventually

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you run sand in your tanks? I’m just thinking, bury egg crate flats in the sand then put the plugs in so they’re “organized” but shouldn’t grow off the plug into the sand?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
PSX_20220925_093313.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back