OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did that bob cat get into the house! lol
i honestly was thinking its gonna fall and you will tell us how you then went and got a new tank. Its crazy how you guys kept it up and were able to place it.

i would have crapped my pants atleast thrice during that!!
The fish room is off the garage, so, pulled in the third bay, that was actually the easy part. The tank was wider then the door opening. We just threw enough people at it to lift it off and onto the stand. At one point I saw the fork on the Bob Cat was lifting directly on the bottom pane of glass. I panicked when I saw that. Luckily either the full weight was not on that or the glass was just thick enough to hold it.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great build thread, love attention to detail and your approach.....any updates?

OP
OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, so I did just kind of let this die. Once it was up and running I was so preoccupied with figuring this out. so first, some more build pics..

My automated water changing station. 50 gallons.
1572466081105.png

Water changing controls
1572466416950.png

Dosing Cylinders and top off reservoir
1572466166117.png

Sump in action. Best skimmer i have ever had!
1572466268510.png

1572466322499.png

And the Controls: GHL Profilux P4, GHL Doser 2.1, GHL KHD Ultimate set.
pH, Redox, Oxygen, temp, Conductivity, and 2 leak detectors (still have not hooked up Calcium reactor)
1572466726584.png

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DUDE! This is amazing! Love it all. How do you like your Genesis stuff? I bought a Renew and Storm used from the actual inventor and previous owner of the company. He basically refurbished it for me but I have never set it up. Was thinking of selling it...

OP
OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DUDE! This is amazing! Love it all. How do you like your Genesis stuff? I bought a Renew and Storm used from the actual inventor and previous owner of the company. He basically refurbished it for me but I have never set it up. Was thinking of selling it...
Thank you! I love my Genesis. I had one issue that I couldn't get immediately (one in 2 years) and I did reach out for some help from their tech support. I never received a reply. That concerned me a little but since I am a good trouble shooter I did manage to find the issue and resolve it. So are they still in business? If they are not, can you hook me up with the original inventor?
It is amazing, I mix my water, push a button and it changes 50 gallons of water for me without me even thinking about it. Water top offs, I've only found one bug and its actually probably been fixed sometime in the past two years but has performed flawlessly. The two communicate with each other and top offs stop while water changing is in progress. Other then needing like a whole new set of suction cups for my float switches, I have zero issues.
DON'T SELL IT IF YOU HAVE A TANK FOR IT!

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found your thread while researching a 300 build that I am planning myself.
Beautiful setup, did you ever co sider using the new Apex at all?

how happy are you with your lighting, I’m debating about setting up a T5/LED combo vs the T5/MH?

mare you still using the zeovit System?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%

Back