Jeremy's 90 Gallon First Saltwater Tank

jbilliel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned fresh water tanks on an off over the years and finally decided to bite the bullet and go all in. I purchased a used 90 gallon tank, built a new stand and have been getting it all setup. I did a leak test yesterday and realized I have a small leak in the overflow seal at the bottom of the tank so I re-sealed it and am letting it dry. Today I installed the lights, the rock and tomorrow I will be able to leak test it again. Assuming everything is good I will be able to turn it all on tomorrow. I am pretty excited and nervous all at the same time!

Here are a few pictures of the build so far. I need to finish the doors for the stand and put them on.

How does the rock look? There is still a bit of room for the fish to be able to move all around while creating a lot of holes, hiding places and some shelves for corals (if I get brave enough!).

Any feedback appreciated!

Jeremy

IMG_20200111_130207.JPG IMG_20200201_164116.JPG IMG_20200202_130436.JPG

OP
OP
J

jbilliel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to say that I went with a Herbie overflow design in the reef ready tank and put the return line over the back of the tank. I am also still working on the electrical to get it looking better.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the rock look? There is still a bit of room for the fish to be able to move all around while creating a lot of holes, hiding places and some shelves for corals (if I get brave enough!).
I might change the rock work a bit, you have it all on the same level making a straight line, imo not appealing, but if you like it more power too ya. Maybe play around with some islands or move some rock on one side to the other, just to give it some dimensions.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back