It’s a start (~29G tank first time)

pcalvas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
25
Location
Porter
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go. Starting this for my 29ish Gallon that I’m putting together. Started planning a while ago and reading then getting a couple things here and there. my wife found the tank and stand together so I decided to go for it. Collected a majority of what I need. Still waiting on the rocks and need to order tests before I start the cycle, but this is it so far.

My 2 year old little girl helped me paint the stand after I sanded it down by hand.

Materials so far:
OASE Biomaster 2 Thermo 250
SMATFARM G5 Aqua Star
29G tank ( almost a cube but not quite)
Caribsea substrate
Caribsea live rock (gets here Saturday)
Filter media (multiple types)

IMG_0201.jpeg 79804828169__3703741D-69BE-47C0-8EC3-2D815419E49C.jpeg IMG_0749.jpeg IMG_0750.jpeg IMG_0192.jpeg IMG_0193.jpeg IMG_0194.jpeg IMG_0195.jpeg IMG_0196.jpeg IMG_0199.jpeg IMG_0200.jpeg IMG_0202.jpeg IMG_0203.jpeg IMG_0204.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new