Jet lagged anemone?

luclasmeng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a beautiful long tentacle anemone a week ago. It was fully extended, giant, beautiful purple-coloured in store. But when it arrive my home tank. It is acting wired. It fully inflates itself during the night, after the light is out. But in the daytime, after the light is on, it shrinks and curls. I never heard of this. Maybe it is from some Asian ocean and jet lagged? Any clue, guys?
I have attached pics for its day and night.

图片_20230901131522.jpg 图片_20230901131533.jpg

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt simple organism like anemone has precise internal clock like vertebrates or mammals and “ jet lag” lasting for a week.
I would blame external conditions, like different light intensity it was used to, or perhaps stronger flow during the day?

OP
OP
L

luclasmeng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't stop wavemakmer in night. Actually the only difference between day and night is the light. Can light be too strong for anemone? I have two 165w led light

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice anemone lovely .They take time to settle in and maybe your lighting is stronger than what it was kept in
before and when lights come on it’s saying that so bright my friend. Or simply settling can take a while. And again very nice anemone goooood choice . Some people lower lighting and build it up over
time

OP
OP
L

luclasmeng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. As I did research, anemone supposed to live strong light. So I do strong light and it seems not like it. I am cufused what should I do. Keep my light schedule and just let it used to it? Or turn down it. Testing...

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. As I did research, anemone supposed to live strong light. So I do strong light and it seems not like it. I am cufused what should I do. Keep my light schedule and just let it used to it? Or turn down it. Testing...
You have already been given good information. It’s your choice to make.

lowering light intensity is an easy choice.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back