JF Homewrecker Frag growouts

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty white spectrum? 100% intensity?
Close to an AB+ spectrum. I run a whiter spectrum for photos and then post-edit white balance.

I just switched to radions
What’s your schedule?
Lights on for 13 hours. 1 hour blue only ramp at sunset and sunrise. 8 hours of AB+ at 80%, and 1 hour of AB+ at 100% for 1 hour around 3PM. Acros get about 280-330 PAR for majority of day with a 350-450 PAR peak for 1 hour.

Honestly, I'm finding that elevated PO4 at >0.1 has made a huge difference in growth and coloration. I used to be a believer of running lower PO4 for coloration, but had to increase it to beat off dinos. Now I'm a believer of elevated PO4.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close to an AB+ spectrum. I run a whiter spectrum for photos and then post-edit white balance.

Lights on for 13 hours. 1 hour blue only ramp at sunset and sunrise. 8 hours of AB+ at 80%, and 1 hour of AB+ at 100% for 1 hour around 3PM. Acros get about 280-330 PAR for majority of day with a 350-450 PAR peak for 1 hour.

Honestly, I'm finding that elevated PO4 at >0.1 has made a huge difference in growth and coloration. I used to be a believer of running lower PO4 for coloration, but had to increase it to beat off dinos. Now I'm a believer of elevated PO4.
Charlie has another friend around here then.

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of a good source of this coral anywhere online? Been trying to find one locally in the Dallas TX area and can't locate one.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa. You are back on here? Or was it just me you've been ghosting for like 2 years? Still got the humor I remember.

I've been offline for big chunks of the Summer.
I was hoping for a reply from you. I targeted Charlie first (because he deserves heavy-handed online trolling).

We moved around (locally) and I tried to keep up but I ultimately could not. Fast forward a long time and, in a fit of rage, I thought of @Charlie's Frags's Frags. I then lurked in the shadows for days, waiting for him to post. When he posted, I commented with both speed and might. I then PM'd him for forgiveness. Surprisingly a forgiving guy, to be candid. Who knew?

What's new with you? What's the latest, bud?

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping for a reply from you. I targeted Charlie first (because he deserves heavy-handed online trolling).

We moved around (locally) and I tried to keep up but I ultimately could not. Fast forward a long time and, in a fit of rage, I thought of @Charlie's Frags's Frags. I then lurked in the shadows for days, waiting for him to post. When he posted, I commented with both speed and might. I then PM'd him for forgiveness. Surprisingly a forgiving guy, to be candid. Who knew?

I See You Hiding GIF by BBC America

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ha ha! Speed and might. Good to have you back. Was getting lonely as Charlie's only troll, and really slacking at that lately.

Still keeping most things alive. My big frag tank project has been stalled for a while, but the sump should be coming soon. 10' tank and 8' sump.

My new obsession is working on a private pilot license. Depending on the weather, I fly 2-4 times a week right now. Got my solo done, now working on cross-country and navigation. The flying part is the easy and fun. Now the real work is beginning. It is not dull work though.

Link to the project here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-build-10-foot-frag-tank.896372/

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha! Speed and might. Good to have you back. Was getting lonely as Charlie's only troll, and really slacking at that lately.

Still keeping most things alive. My big frag tank project has been stalled for a while, but the sump should be coming soon. 10' tank and 8' sump.

My new obsession is working on a private pilot license. Depending on the weather, I fly 2-4 times a week right now. Got my solo done, now working on cross-country and navigation. The flying part is the easy and fun. Now the real work is beginning. It is not dull work though.

Link to the project here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-build-10-foot-frag-tank.896372/
Appreciate the welcome, bud.

That's a monster sump. Who is building it?

Good for you on flying. I haven't touched flying, but the folks I know who do it, love it. I've heard cross-country is a nice, tricky and rewarding jump.

I'm looking forward to going through that thread about your project. That stand is serious business. What's that flooring - vinyl? I like it.

Please follow @Charlie's Frags on Only Fans. He's planning on a joint venture with @SeaDweller

I'm told it's going to be epic!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good for you on flying. I haven't touched flying, but the folks I know who do it, love it. I've heard cross-country is a nice, tricky and rewarding jump.

I'm looking forward to going through that thread about your project. That stand is serious business. What's that flooring - vinyl? I like it.

Please follow @Charlie's Frags on Only Fans. He's planning on a joint venture with @SeaDweller

OMG you haven't lost a step. Only fans...

How do you keep yourself entertained when you aren't on this forum? Never mind. I probably shouldn't ask. I get distracted easily.

Yes, vinyl over concrete but this isn't the final home. Just where I am putting the pieces together on some dollies. Roll and drop after I tear out the existing Rube Goldberg contraption.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

and

Tom Cruise What GIF

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do it Charlie. He is only trying to distract you. Don't go there. If have to, use @Rick5 's account.
Charlie unknowingly inspired me to get a PAR meter. LED manufacturers should sell PAR meters with their fixtures.

I've used it a lot, slowly tweaking intensity. It's wild how unpredictable LED channel adjustments really are, at least for me.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talk a lot, particularly when I'm out in public, to my family's dissatisfaction.
Okay then. I would say send pics of the wife, but since this is a family friendly spot... maybe we should stay more on topic. Ummm what were we talking about again? Oh, right. Homewreckers! Yeah. Go ahead with the pics then. Rather topical it seems. Coral pics too if you have any of those.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing well again after stalling after a couple frags were cut then I had to change my lights. Seems like she’s no longer in her “unhappily married for 20 years” attitude and back to the happy homewrecker we all love.
2C4FCDFE-15F1-4EE7-BE94-419FA49ACB90.jpeg
297B0854-B4FD-40A0-BDBC-955748844B43.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back