JF Homewrecker Frag growouts

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing well again after stalling after a couple frags were cut then I had to change my lights. Seems like she’s no longer in her “unhappily married for 20 years” attitude and back to the happy homewrecker we all love.
2C4FCDFE-15F1-4EE7-BE94-419FA49ACB90.jpeg
297B0854-B4FD-40A0-BDBC-955748844B43.jpeg
Good try, passing a green slimer off as a Homewrecker…

Jk.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good try, passing a green slimer off as a Homewrecker…

Jk.
You're thinking of @ScottB

He set up another system just for them (and overhauled the town). Interestingly, he has been banned from selling frags on Craig's List. He is also no longer permitted to fly to China, Jamaica and Canada. That may be relevant.

Scott sold me a Princess Peach and then sent a Mexican Turbo. He refunded me immediately after I explained to him that they were different SPS.

I'm looking forward to Charlie posting 42 pictures of Keanu Reeves and only 12 of Tom Cruise.

Folks, I'm obviously joking about @ScottB

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He set up another system just for them (and overhauled the town). Interestingly, he has been banned from selling frags on Craig's List. He is also no longer permitted to fly to China, Jamaica and Canada. That may be relevant.

Scott sold me a Princess Peach and then sent a Mexican Turbo. He refunded me immediately after I explained to him that they were different SPS.

I'm looking forward to Charlie posting 42 pictures of Keanu Reeves and only 12 of Tom Cruise.

I love clever jokes…..so I got to know what the 42 Keanu/12 Tom means….bc I got nothing.

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close to an AB+ spectrum. I run a whiter spectrum for photos and then post-edit white balance.

Lights on for 13 hours. 1 hour blue only ramp at sunset and sunrise. 8 hours of AB+ at 80%, and 1 hour of AB+ at 100% for 1 hour around 3PM. Acros get about 280-330 PAR for majority of day with a 350-450 PAR peak for 1 hour.

Honestly, I'm finding that elevated PO4 at >0.1 has made a huge difference in growth and coloration. I used to be a believer of running lower PO4 for coloration, but had to increase it to beat off dinos. Now I'm a believer of elevated PO4.
Haven't you found less growth or carbonate consumption with phosphates above 0.1?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do market them as a "slimer/HW hybrid". And to be fare, I charge by the pound. Great value.

As to P. Peach and the turbo, I mean, who doesn't make that mistake now and again? And again. Lastly, those overseas air traffic controllers don't know what they are missing. My local ATC folks would be happy for me to bust airspace somewhere else though.

@Rick5 just what are you drinking out of the sippy cup these days?

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you still running the G5’s?
Yes. The tank has 5 Radion Gen 5 pro blues and 1 400 watt radium halide.pretty happy with the growth and coloration of the corals from the G5s.

I do have an ATI straton on its way to try over the tenuis side of the tank.

Sam

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The tank has 5 Radion Gen 5 pro blues and 1 400 watt radium halide.pretty happy with the growth and coloration of the corals from the G5s.

I do have an ATI straton on its way to try over the tenuis side of the tank.

Sam
Gen 5 pro blue?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jointing this growout with an arbitrary scale, starting size: ~1.5 astronauts
44D28C96-DCB5-4F1F-A242-F895C49563F9.jpeg

1E4C8A64-BEF2-4A26-B58F-0AF19967E361.jpeg
I think that frag is astronomically gargantuan and thanks for the helpful context. That astronaut might also serve as a nice future reference for growth documentation.

You have those available on Etsy, right?

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that frag is astronomically gargantuan and thanks for the helpful context. That astronaut might also serve as a nice future reference for growth documentation.

You have those available on Etsy, right?
Fortunately I found them on Etsy, unfortunately they come unpainted and I have hands like Michael j fox

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back