JF REEF ROOM AND 900g BUILD THREAD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I love how clean everything is! Really looking forward to watching the tanks mature.

Will you be starting these tanks from nothing with brand new rock to cycle, or do you plan on using water/rock from your other systems to jump start things.

Always curious how some of the best in the biz work out building/expanding their systems.

Thanks!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who's building the tanks? and Are you going to move your basement systems into the new Diggs?

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m building a backup reef in a different building. That’s the idea behind the project. The old reefs will stay the same . Bob and Karen at tropical aquariums are building the tanks . A 900 gallon 12 feet long 4 feet deep and 30 inches tall and a 200 gallon peninsula that’s 4 feet x 3 feet. And a freshwater cube that’s 24 inches square. I love my cardinal tetras lol! I’ll add a raceway or another tank in the future possibly. The 200 is done and they are working on the 900 now. They were waiting for the special order 12 foot panes of glass that finally arrived this week. I’ll post more pics and a complete equipment list soon.

i notice the 900 is 30 inches tall, do you like the tall tanks too for basically the same reasons wwc does? the reason im asking is because im almost ready to get my second tank up and its a 130gallon 28 inch tall and at first i really didnt want a tall tank, but after hearing wwc with brs talking about tall tanks makes me a little more comfortable.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is awesome! More photos!!

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason, what kind of platform/pad do you have under your reeflo pumps

BluEyedBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s amazing! Love the floor color with the glow in the dark flecks! Can’t wait to see more!

bked180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome re-build on your garage! Can't wait to see this finished. I'm sure it will be awesome like your basement systems. Keep up the good work!

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just excited to see more and more large dedicated grow out facilities going up nationwide. Battlecorals, Tidal Gardens, Jason Fox, many others. It gives me hope for sustainability in the hobby.

That facility looks incredible. I cant wait to see the tour! Lets see some awesome looking filtration pics, whats the plan there?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back