JJ's IM Nuvo Fusion 2 Pro 40g AIO

STLJam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! In 2003 I started a 10 gallon nano, but life happened and after about a year and a half I had to get rid of the tank due to other priorities. Well, i have been wanting a tank again and since I now work from home, I have the time and resources to start a tank again. Here is what I have ordered so far, tank should be delivered this week. My plan is mainly SPS, with a few LPS.

Tank: Innovative Marine Nuvo 40

Circulation: Innovative Marine Mighty Jet Midsize
Nero 3 (more to be added as tank grows)

Heater - IM Helio 400 watt-200W x 2

Rear Compartment(from right to left: 1) Tunze Comline 9004 DC Skimmer, 2) BRS ROX 0.8 GAC, 3) Return pump/heaters 4)media filter or rubble, 5) Chaetomorpha with IM CheatoMax 18w

Top-Off - Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152

Rock/Sand - 30lbs CaribSea Life Rock /20lbs CaribSea Special Grade Reef Sand and 20lbs Ocean Direct Sand. Possible 5-9 lbs rock/sand from TBS

Lighting - Radion XR30 Blue

Current Fish:
2x Clownfish
TBS Tiger Goby
Jester Court Goby
Tailspot Blenny

Fish Want List:
Diamond watchman goby
Banggai Cardinalfish
Neon (cleaner) Goby

CUC:
3x Blue leg Hermit
7x Astraea Snails
2x Trochus Snails
1x Turbo Snail
5x Nassarius Snails
4x Nerite Snails
7x Cerith Snails
1x Conch
1x Cleaner Shrimp
1x Peppermint Shrimp

Pods:
Galaxy from Jay'sReefBugs
Titanic Pod Buffett from reefbysteele

Cycle Starter: Dr. Tim's one and only

20231015_110805.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

STLJam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank will be cycled on 10-26 using @brandon429 testless method. Other than just waiting and adding a spoon of AF Life Source weekly.

I ordered a small amount of Premium Live Rock, Sand, 7 snails, 2 hermit's, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, and 1 Tiger Goby from TBS (@LiverockRocks ) , which is slated to ship in 2 weeks. Cant wait to see all the life it adds to the tank.

I plan on ordering Pods from @Jay'sReefBugs later this week, so guessing I will have them by early next week to start seeding my tank.

Not sure when I will add fish, but likely a pair of Clowns will be the next add, likely Black Ice or Frostbite.

Last edited:

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank will be cycled on 10-26 using @brandon429 testless method. Other than just waiting and adding a spoon of AF Life Source weekly.

I ordered a small amount of Premium Live Rock, Sand, 7 snails, 2 hermit's, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, and 1 Tiger Goby from TBS (@LiverockRocks ) , which is slated to ship in 2 weeks. Cant wait to see all the life it adds to the tank.

I plan on ordering Pods from @Jay'sReefBugs later this week, so guessing I will have them by early next week to start seeding my tank.

Not sure when I will add fish, but likely a pair of Clowns will be the next add, likely Black Ice or Frostbite.

Clowns are always a great 1st addition to a system

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Re-scaped, a couple times not bad, but could be better. Lots of little caves. Which one do you like?
20231107_103017.jpg
20231107_101215.jpg
I like the bottom scape.
Looking forward to seeing this tank mature, it's going to ROCK!
Thanks for being a great customer to work with.

Zoomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the scape you went with
I'll be scape a 30g AIO tank soon, snapped a screen shot for inspiration. I like the large arch with recessed cave look - or at least that's the way I see it

OP
OP
S

STLJam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the scape you went with
I'll be scape a 30g AIO tank soon, snapped a screen shot for inspiration. I like the large arch with recessed cave look - or at least that's the way I see it
Thanks! I like how it turned out, but if I had to do it again I would have went with 25lb of live rock from TBS and then 2 caribsea liferock arches (10lbs?). The life that come on the liverock is so neat to see.

OP
OP
S

STLJam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught the mantis shrimp hitchiker. Took 10 days, did the bottle trap for the first week, which didn't work, then started feeding him krill via tweezers, then acted like I was going to feed him, and put the krill in a net. He was too greedy to resist amd once he stepped in the net I had him.
1000003126.jpg
1000003121.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back